What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initially I thought this but I didn’t consider the wiring differences between HID and halogen LOL. I’ve done retrofits in a day or two before so I don’t think it’s gonna be a lot of downtime anyways.

Worst case scenario I have spare OEM lenses that are in good shape
i gotta swap lenses from that style to my new 13 style. whenever i build up enough courage.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotta swap lenses from that style to my new 13 style. whenever i build up enough courage.
honestly not hard to take apart, its getting them back together without leaks thats the tricky part. I bought some of these pressure clips to help keep the pressure consistent around the housings. Since these lights are so big, they'll definitely be helpful

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly not hard to take apart, its getting them back together without leaks thats the tricky part. I bought some of these pressure clips to help keep the pressure consistent around the housings. Since these lights are so big, they'll definitely be helpful

I've heard that some people put the headlights in the oven to heat up the glue to separate the housing? Is that what you are doing or is there a better method?

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that some people put the headlights in the oven to heat up the glue to separate the housing? Is that what you are doing or is there a better method?
that is the best way from what i've read and done in the past. Bake em at 200-250°F to soften up the glue/adhesive and pull em apart! If you watch videos from some of the retrofitting shops, you will always see 1-2 old ovens in the background lol

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Smart idea. I’ll have to grab some too.