What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After some time I was able to get a bit of shine on the valve covers, but I’ve given up, the only way to do it is to remove the covers and I’m not going that deep this time. But it is possible to get a semi-gloss shine out of them.
Partially buffed:3091F73D-1E06-4621-9F98-4BAC232CC4F9.jpeg
Non-buffed
08142303-F4FD-4BA1-9D90-681176ADA6F9.jpeg

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score

mcbagpiper

Reaction score
Finally found a "sweet spot" for my suspension and wheels/tires. The previous owner installed King 3.0's, but had everything wound out (compression, rebound) as far as they would go. Although in theory that's the "softest" setting, it felt loose from a handling perspective and the rear suspension was loud (lots of squeaks and rattles).

I researched on the forum and elsewhere and landed on the following:
Front compression - 15 clicks out from full stiff setting (i.e. 15 out of 29 clicks)
Rear compression (both long and short) - 3 turns out from fully closed
Rear rebound - 4 turns out from fully closed

Although these settings are actually stiffening up the suspension, it's actually much smoother now. I suspect running everything at max soft setting is actually getting the suspension out of its proper ratios.

Next step was lowering the tire pressures. The previous owner installed 20" Fuel wheels with 35" ridge grapplers and I think they're a big part of the stiff ride. I'm planning on swapping out to 17" wheels next year to gain some additional sidewall, but there's enough meat on the existing tires that it doesn't make sense to switch them out just yet. I lowered the pressures from 45 to 35 and that's made another noticeable increase in the ride comfort.

The truck feels more composed and it has taken the harshness out of the small bumps and cracks in the road.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally found a "sweet spot" for my suspension and wheels/tires. The previous owner installed King 3.0's, but had everything wound out (compression, rebound) as far as they would go. Although in theory that's the "softest" setting, it felt loose from a handling perspective and the rear suspension was loud (lots of squeaks and rattles).

I researched on the forum and elsewhere and landed on the following:
Front compression - 15 clicks out from full stiff setting (i.e. 15 out of 29 clicks)
Rear compression (both long and short) - 3 turns out from fully closed
Rear rebound - 4 turns out from fully closed

Although these settings are actually stiffening up the suspension, it's actually much smoother now. I suspect running everything at max soft setting is actually getting the suspension out of its proper ratios.

Next step was lowering the tire pressures. The previous owner installed 20" Fuel wheels with 35" ridge grapplers and I think they're a big part of the stiff ride. I'm planning on swapping out to 17" wheels next year to gain some additional sidewall, but there's enough meat on the existing tires that it doesn't make sense to switch them out just yet. I lowered the pressures from 45 to 35 and that's made another noticeable increase in the ride comfort.

The truck feels more composed and it has taken the harshness out of the small bumps and cracks in the road.
36 in the front tires and 32 in the rear is my sweet spot for tires. (Stock Rims and Tires)
Steering gets too stiff with anything lower for parking and the back is so light.