What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a few upgrades done throughout the year — just getting around to posting.

Cleaned up the mount for my Garmin and handheld radio.
46af96e2f72844fa43ccaa71e6e3b016.jpg

Replaced my Rogue bumper with a new ADD Venom and changed out the front lighting.
5178a3edf43e2550c6e1d1045d1fed2e.jpg

Replaced winch line after last years SnoBall and added a backlight.
eab00e66db36d4026a78a7c54cdb8ef1.jpg

Added some RPG side steps/sliders.
fca2721d8386d41b71fed5e7de5f7f0e.jpg
61be3264206f876f42fa3d2539e7a9e0.jpg

And improved my air-down process with some Apex Design performance valves.
a01df78dffe17b4dbce666d3e738b716.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Daaaamn it was a good year!!!

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Removed the old round lights that were pretty much useless:
rap.jpg

Replaced it with a slim LED light bar that puts out a ton of light:
rap1.jpg

I noticed shortly after buying the truck that water would get into the back seat area. I checked the 3rd brake light as I know that's common but couldn't find any leaks from it. I did however find a leak in the upper drivers side corner of the rear window. The butyl tape had failed allowing water to stream right in. It took about 2 hours to remove the back seats to gain access to the bolts that hold the rear window on. It took another hour to gently loosen and break the tape the rest of the way to pop the window out.
rap2.jpg

Then came the fun part... Removing the butyl tape from the truck and the window. This took 3+ hours and I used everything I could find. In the end, WD40 seemed to break down the old tape the quickest.
rap3.jpg

After this I cleaned everything really good to get any remnant of the wd40 or googone out of there, layer in some fresh butyl tape and reattached the window. After tightening everything up, I did a test and found no leaks.

Nice write up. I had the same issue with mine. The removal of the old tape was a bitch for sure!!

laselvasurf

Reaction score
Another day another project! When I bought the truck the drivers seat was terribly warn. The PO purchased a new seat cover for the back of the seat but not the bottom. I replaced the back but didn't like how it was substantially nicer than the bottom so I replaced that as well. I also replaced the seat side trim as it was split at the seat belt.

Before:
IMG-0185.jpg

After:
IMG-0291.jpg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I looked everywhere for a DIY writeup and found a couple videos but nothing that was that complete. I come from a BMW background(still have a couple) where just about every process has a DIY writeup out there already, so I was a little surprised I couldn't find anything on this. If I can squeeze in some time, I'll try and take a few more photos and create a new thread as you suggested.

Most everything that isn't suspension related is identical to the standard f150, and there are write ups for nearly everything, most popular truck in the world and all.

Was it easy to swap seat covers?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Its easy, there is a write up in the how to section.