What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forged Offroad

Spent the day at Forged Offroad in Loomis with Paul and Matt. I have been getting all their electrical needs done for them over the last month so they could pump out rebuilt shocks. in trade, they would work on my Raptor.

Here is the list of tasks were had for the day

Install +3 National springs - done
Install new SVC Gen II bump stop kit - done
Rebuild both front Fox 2.5 shocks, flutter stack stage one - done
Go from top perch to mid perch - done
Install new shock boots on my rear Fox 3.0 - done
Install new Howe PS pump - ran out of time

Along with getting all of this done for me, Matt rebuilt 3 sets of shocks that needed to go out that day. While Paul had 3 interviews for a new guy in the shop, along with answering the phone about 50 times.

I helped where I could, I am now mechanic, but I am learning a ton working on my truck with Paul and Matt.

We finished about 4:30pm and this was the most exciting part for me, test drive my Rpator with the new front shock rebuild ( by the way both shocks were blown ) now on mid perch and the +3 National springs.

I was really curious if the new springs would eliminate my nasty axle wrap, I have the Rousch SC. Matt hoped in with me for the test drive. Pulled out of the shop and stomped on the gas and my truck just smoked the tires and no wheel hop, I was very happy. It got better as I pulled out on the road and began to drive with the new suspension. Wow is all I could keep saying. Felt like a brand new truck, it was so smooth I was having a hard time believing it was even the same Raptor.

On the way back to the shop I let Matt take over the wheel. He was grinning from ear to ear as it was his first time driving a SC Raptor with the Pedal Comandor. He vowed to get a SC on his Raptor in the near future.

Thanks to Forged Offroad, these guys are fantastic and customer service is top notch. I am prouc and honored to be part of getting them up and running. Be sure to stop in and visit them or take your truck to them for all your Offroad needs and modifications.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Spent the day at Forged Offroad in Loomis with Paul and Matt. I have been getting all their electrical needs done for them over the last month so they could pump out rebuilt shocks. in trade, they would work on my Raptor.

Here is the list of tasks were had for the day

Install +3 National springs - done

Install new SVC Gen II bump stop kit - done

Rebuild both front Fox 2.5 shocks, flutter stack stage one - done

Go from top perch to mid perch - done

Install new shock boots on my rear Fox 3.0 - done

Install new Howe PS pump - ran out of time

Along with getting all of this done for me, Matt rebuilt 3 sets of shocks that needed to go out that day. While Paul had 3 interviews for a new guy in the shop, along with answering the phone about 50 times.

I helped where I could, I am now mechanic, but I am learning a ton working on my truck with Paul and Matt.

We finished about 4:30pm and this was the most exciting part for me, test drive my Rpator with the new front shock rebuild ( by the way both shocks were blown ) now on mid perch and the +3 National springs.

I was really curious if the new springs would eliminate my nasty axle wrap, I have the Rousch SC. Matt hoped in with me for the test drive. Pulled out of the shop and stomped on the gas and my truck just smoked the tires and no wheel hop, I was very happy. It got better as I pulled out on the road and began to drive with the new suspension. Wow is all I could keep saying. Felt like a brand new truck, it was so smooth I was having a hard time believing it was even the same Raptor.

On the way back to the shop I let Matt take over the wheel. He was grinning from ear to ear as it was his first time driving a SC Raptor with the Pedal Comandor. He vowed to get a SC on his Raptor in the near future.

Thanks to Forged Offroad, these guys are fantastic and customer service is top notch. I am prouc and honored to be part of getting them up and running. Be sure to stop in and visit them or take your truck to them for all your Offroad needs and modifications.

9f2f8f3204e6c9ac67967b07ab306f1a.jpg
79852dcf47310a61388e857c4e696163.jpg
932906fd8a9182e42f2b0735685a6da0.jpg
f51a257480c5ce7aab0f5692e32a6549.jpg
6baa7c213219670907cd7dc26d996e6e.jpg
f8b0aa4d3e3e50925f6f355e75742927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I need to visit them, I'm in Folsom :)

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

oh and I ordered the front grille set

IMG_4008_large.jpg

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally home so I get to install some parts tomorrow. First replace the old eBay led 30" behind the grill with a gglighting 30" scene led bar. Thing is amazingly bright! Website said 20k lumens. Already dropped in the weather techs from @johnnyw008 thanks bud! And last I need to get these rotors and brakes.
Edit: frembos installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to visit them, I'm in Folsom :)

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

oh and I ordered the front grille set

IMG_4008_large.jpg

What you need to do is get your ass out on a run with us lol. We got a Gen 2 coming out to Area 51 run this weekend. Pop that truck's cherry BRUH haha.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a bunch o stuff but havnt reported in.

1) tinted front windows (finally)
2) new to me rear bumper
3) dovetail bed
4) sunrise tactical rear seat covers. 3 kids, 3 car seats.
5) Recon (don't throw stones, got them for free) tailights.

1f799791acdd0cf47500d18428cf79a4.jpg

Is there any trimming involved to install that rear bumper?

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the new camper trailer home. Decided against a new camper/popup, a bed cap, and everything else the old lady and I thought about.

This little guy basically doubles storage space and leaves a great platform for a cool expedition/hauling pig.

4dce3b1a1c58e4cfa9cec30614e5934e.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Is there any trimming involved to install that rear bumper?

Yes. Pretty easy to do. Look at your rear frame horns. The bumper/hitch is installed with 4 bolts per side. You basically cut off half of the bolts per side and trim a little more of the frame.

Now the truck needs a similar front bumper.