What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Changed out the rear differential fluid this past weekend. at 50k miles I thought I was a bit late to the game. Once I got the diff cover off I could see that someone had used an abraisive wheel to get the old gasket material off.

Dont have a good pic to show that, but I took a pic of the condition of the splines (they look good) and if you look at the base where the cover bolts on in the lower left corner you can make out the swirl marks/cross hatching from the wiz wheel...

All this to say it was a tell tail sign that someone had done the job before me, so I was pleasantly surprised :)

Going to do a drain and fill on the coolant in the coming weeks.

Slowly going through and checking off maintenance items of the list in the coming months.

Attachments

• IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 26

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did you managed to use the POS bolts that come with the diff cover? And still use a lube locker gasket? The bolts supplied are garbage and too short that most have come across, myself included. I had to get some longer grade 8 bolts

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did you managed to use the POS bolts that come with the diff cover? And still use a lube locker gasket? The bolts supplied are garbage and too short that most have come across, myself included. I had to get some longer grade 8 bolts

They are the stock OEM bolts, I did not use the ones that came with the cover.