What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Oh yeah it very well could be, I know from my experience is that except for one place I lived I tried at least 2 dealerships before I found the place I was comfortable with taking my truck to. I think in Virginia I actually got to 4 dealers before I was happy with the service... might have been 3. Once I got to California I got recommended a place about 50 minutes away from where I live, went once, it was okay, decided the place 15 minutes away was good enough.

Very fair! By rights shouldn't you be driving a Tundra then!?

I work at the chevy part and i ised to drive a 2010 tahoe lol. Then infound this truck and never looked back :)

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anybody know a way to drain the PAG oil out of the AC compressor without removing it? I'm replacing both lines & the condenser, and lost an unknown amount of the oil when the condenser came off. The truck has 148xxx miles so replacing the compressor isn't a bad idea, but at $360 (local NAPA Auto price for oem), I'm looking at options.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Cleaned out garage yesterday, have Raptor half-way in up on jack stands today. Removing front shocks/coils to put Hammer rebuilt shocks and new Eibach coils on.

Front driver side is mocking me :mad:, waiting for @Gumby to come over and help me strongarm that one off. Front passenger side practically fell off. I guess it heard me cussing the driver's side and decided it didn't want any of that.

Very concerned about popping a brake line during all of this. Too much tension on the hoses. They could have put 2-3 more inches on them. o_O I know........that's what SHE said.

20230404_092925.jpg

20230404_121415.jpg

20230404_121427.jpg

Last edited:

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned out garage yesterday, have Raptor half-way in up on jack stands today. Removing front shocks/coils to put Hammer rebuilt shocks and new Eibach coils on.

Front driver side is mocking me :mad:, waiting for @Gumby to come over and help me strongarm that one off. Front passenger side practically fell off. I guess it heard me cussing the driver's side and decided it didn't want any of that.

Very concerned about popping a brake line during all of this. Too much tension on the hoses. They could have put 2-3 more inches on them. o_O I know........that's what SHE said.

View attachment 400680

View attachment 400681

View attachment 400682
i just did this and had to disconnect the sway bar to get the LCA down far enough to get the shock out. you can also remove the caliper and hang it from the sway bar and that will keep the lines from stretching. its easier if you have a second person when trying to hang the caliper. i used some rope and a carabiner.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
anybody know a way to drain the PAG oil out of the AC compressor without removing it? I'm replacing both lines & the condenser, and lost an unknown amount of the oil when the condenser came off. The truck has 148xxx miles so replacing the compressor isn't a bad idea, but at $360 (local NAPA Auto price for oem), I'm looking at options.
Try LKQ for parts too. Not sure how competitive there pricing is though

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try LKQ for parts too. Not sure how competitive there pricing is though
When did AC compressors become ridiculously expensive? Autozone wanted $400+tax for new, $340+tax for "reman" units. And they don't even bother to throw in the PAG oil anymore. If it wasn't such a hassle to change them out when they fail, I wouldn't be considering doing it now. Ok, rant over.