What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trucks been making this startup noise randomly for the last two months. Anyone else experience this? It's parked in the garage and rarely makes any noise in the morning but after sitting outside at work it happens more often. Motor is bone stock.

Have you done any work on it recently? Sounds like an exhaust leak, but it could also be a loose spark plug.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trucks been making this startup noise randomly for the last two months. Anyone else experience this? It's parked in the garage and rarely makes any noise in the morning but after sitting outside at work it happens more often. Motor is bone stock.

Mine does this on occasion, believe it or not it’s considered normal. (as long as it goes away within 10 seconds or so). It has something to do with waiting for the oil pressure to build up for the lash adjuster. I only hear it for a few seconds when my truck as sat for a day or two in the cold.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this on occasion, believe it or not it’s considered normal. (as long as it goes away within 10 seconds or so). It has something to do with waiting for the oil pressure to build up for the lash adjuster. I only hear it for a few seconds when my truck as sat for a day or two in the cold.
Mine has been doing it more consistently recently. Reassuring to hear it's considered normal, but it sure is a terrible sound, and kind of embarrassing in public. It always goes away after 2-3 seconds. I'm dropping it off for a few days anyway to see if the dealership can replicate it. Guess I'll go from there.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing it more consistently recently. Reassuring to hear it's considered normal, but it sure is a terrible sound, and kind of embarrassing in public. It always goes away after 2-3 seconds. I'm dropping it off for a few days anyway to see if the dealership can replicate it. Guess I'll go from there.
I should clarify that I rarely hear it, and its been awhile since I have. But I will say I feel like when I did hear it was only towards the end when my oil life.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post the alignment sheet so we can see what needed adjustment. I need to get this done as I recently bought new tires.
Don't have it handy. Everything was within factory spec though - I'm sure there is a preferred alignment setting though. New tires shouldn't require an alignment. I did a total front end rebuild so mine was necessary.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't have it handy. Everything was within factory spec though - I'm sure there is a preferred alignment setting though. New tires shouldn't require an alignment. I did a total front end rebuild so mine was necessary.
An alignment may not be required when getting new tires but I have had good results doing it this way. Three sets of BFG's, 15 tires within 1mm of each other after 55k+ miles.