What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FerrousRaptor

Reaction score
What part is incorrect about the rear lines?

Can they not get the “caliper lines loose” or is there an issue with the “middle lines”?
After speaking with my mechanic they are the correct rear lines. I originally thought maybe the length or fittings were incorrect. Crown shipped the correct parts that I ordered. There are two issues he brought up, first is that I have a 4 line rear instead of a 2 line rear for my 13. So my fault for ordering the 4 line kit instead of the 6 line kit. Second issue was on the lines that drop down to the axle, they dont have the small clips that hold the ABS line. So rather than zip tie them to the new lines, he didnt put them on and gave me the option on what to do. This also saves me from having him do the same work twice if I order the other 2 lines for the axle to calipers. Also I was surprised to hear that the new front shocks will be at the shop tomorrow, unfortunately the shop is booked up and wont be able to work on it again for 2 weeks.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Man im ready to start suspension work and now im on the fence about just keeping it oem. Idk if the geisers and deavers are worth the $ for the 97% on road driving i do. Ughh :birgits_tiredcoffee

Also anyone got a rock auto code theyre not going to use? Mine expired before I could use it lol.

Disregard, i just ordered a set of deaver +3s and some eibachs (saved some cash over geisers) lol

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After speaking with my mechanic they are the correct rear lines. I originally thought maybe the length or fittings were incorrect. Crown shipped the correct parts that I ordered. There are two issues he brought up, first is that I have a 4 line rear instead of a 2 line rear for my 13. So my fault for ordering the 4 line kit instead of the 6 line kit. Second issue was on the lines that drop down to the axle, they dont have the small clips that hold the ABS line. So rather than zip tie them to the new lines, he didnt put them on and gave me the option on what to do. This also saves me from having him do the same work twice if I order the other 2 lines for the axle to calipers. Also I was surprised to hear that the new front shocks will be at the shop tomorrow, unfortunately the shop is booked up and wont be able to work on it again for 2 weeks.

You can work around the clip issue by taking a razor blade and heating it up with a torch, then slicing a chunk out of the clip where it wraps around the brake line. That way they can snap on/off the hose similar to how the abs lines do.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW , I had the eibach fronts and went back to stock springs. In my opinion they made the front ride to firm, almost jittery over bumps . The +3 deavers are very good though for ride and towing.

Last edited:

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Brake caliper pin gremlin got me less than 3500 miles on the set of pads and rotors.View attachment 382898
Pin wasn’t stuck and we can’t find any reason for this malfunction. I was towing when this grab and rub took place, with everything properly connected, but I wondered if towing had anything to do with this. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.