What did u do to your raptor today?

NateMob

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a follow up on these after a while. After my plans for the Icon Stage 4 fell thru I'm thinking about a more mild update with (at this point Deaver) leafs and geisers up front.

Having done numerous short course track days and a TRR on them. This is the best performance to cost option for the Gen1 trucks. No tuning required, no messing with adjusters, and no paying for options that you arent going to utilize. Its not blingy and gonna get you all the IG likes but it performs great for the money spent.

Get the +3 HDs. If it's too tall you can get a shackle to bring them down.

Where's your next duty assignment going to be?

badm0t0rfinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having done numerous short course track days and a TRR on them. This is the best performance to cost option for the Gen1 trucks. No tuning required, no messing with adjusters, and no paying for options that you arent going to utilize. Its not blingy and gonna get you all the IG likes but it performs great for the money spent.

Get the +3 HDs. If it's too tall you can get a shackle to bring them down.

Where's your next duty assignment going to be?

Thats what I was thinking, save money on suspension I haven't gotten to the point of absolutely needing while out on the trails. Save a buck for another race jetski or for gas lol.

I already have a standard size milled RPG shackle so unless I drop another 500 I would be kind of wasting money. I don't mind spending money, but I dont like double backing on previously made purchases.

I'm still dealing with that song and dance with my detailer right now. I'm just trying to keep myself away from Virginia.

Last edited:

TomDirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm over here celebrating that my Geisers showed up last night. One step closer to getting this setup installed!

View attachment 371828
Anybody know any reason why I can't press the LCA, Fox shock & Geiser coil spring up into the top insulator cap? I've never seen it tried before, but it seems easier. You don't struggle to stuff the shock into the LCA, you get the coil lined up with the coil saddle, then bolt the insulator to the shock bucket, and just jack the whole thing up through the one hole on top, using the floor jack to slowly push the threaded shock rod up and then bolt that on. Seems like it should work, correct?

Attachments

• 20220917_160610.jpg
    20220917_160610.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 29

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score