What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Well i guess the power steering flush is going to be my next job. Over the weekend when it hit in the 90s my steering started to whine a bit. Once it cooled off the following couple days it went back to sounding normal. So I checked the fluid just to see it maybe it was low. Nope but its dark and stinks. Idk if the smell part is normal but its just something I noticed also LOL Anyone know the type and amount of fluid needed off the top of their head. :)
Manual calls for Mercon V for power steering and Mercon LV for the transmisson!
Scoop on the two.
"The main difference between Mercon V and Mercon LV is viscosity grade. Mercon V has a higher viscosity than Mercon LV, which means it will provide better protection in hot climates.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in it but the only concern is buying replacement filters. If I can only get replacements from him I don't see the point.
I’m really wanting to do this aswell. I guess the only thing would just buy multiple filters in the beginning so you don’t have to turn around and get one from them all the time. But I’m sure with a little research you can find out who is making them and get them that way or find one that’s similar. I was just gonna buy like 5 extra filters when I order the kit

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Manual calls for Mercon V for power steering and Mercon LV for the transmisson!
Scoop on the two.
"The main difference between Mercon V and Mercon LV is viscosity grade. Mercon V has a higher viscosity than Mercon LV, which means it will provide better protection in hot climates.

Since its normally in the mid 80s in the summer but does get nice and negative in the winter. Soo i could get away with mercon LV for both in this case?

@Jakenbake yes its stock, if anything id just go with a bigger reservoir

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i guess the power steering flush is going to be my next job. Over the weekend when it hit in the 90s my steering started to whine a bit. Once it cooled off the following couple days it went back to sounding normal. So I checked the fluid just to see it maybe it was low. Nope but its dark and stinks. Idk if the smell part is normal but its just something I noticed also LOL Anyone know the type and amount of fluid needed off the top of their head. :)
just use maple syrup. you are close enough to canada that maybe @CoronaRaptor, or @JohnyPython can bring you down some.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this discussion with my local parts person and it was pointed out that the label on Mercon V states it is for power steering and Mercon LV does not, if that even matters.

IMG_6181.JPG

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this discussion with my local parts person and it was pointed out that the label on Mercon V states it is for power steering and Mercon LV does not, if that even matters.

View attachment 361057
Mines rocking a mix of mercon LV and some amsoil ATF. I am considering going to lee’s setup, but we’ll see how the truck does with 37’s befor I make any changes.

I would love to go with an swingset and Kibbe just came out with one that keeps 4wd, but “help me, I’m pooooor” lol

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i guess the power steering flush is going to be my next job. Over the weekend when it hit in the 90s my steering started to whine a bit. Once it cooled off the following couple days it went back to sounding normal. So I checked the fluid just to see it maybe it was low. Nope but its dark and stinks. Idk if the smell part is normal but its just something I noticed also LOL Anyone know the type and amount of fluid needed off the top of their head. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (139).png
    Screenshot (139).png
    181.7 KB · Views: 17

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was confused then I realized the fender flares are painted.

I was like, "oh he bought a lifted F150 that looks oddly wide like a raptor" lol. Looks good man.
Are those the KMC445 Forged beadlock wheels (and Toyos) that AndyMac has on his TT?