What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup they are. even though id like to add the “demon eye led mod” but idk if i really want to pop them open and chance moisture lol.

Here where i read it. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/drl-parking-lights-auto-on-off.19254/
Well that's a bunch of BS, they have drl's up here in Canada, maybe @FordTechOne can clarify if they produced 2 different lights for Canadians and Americans. I highly doubt it. The Raptors up here have the hid's as well and have DRL's. That thread was from 2012 and probably a bunch of know italls, lol.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Well that's a bunch of BS, they have drl's up here in Canada, maybe @FordTechOne can clarify if they produced 2 different lights for Canadians and Americans. I highly doubt it. The Raptors up here have the hid's as well and have DRL's. That thread was from 2012 and probably a bunch of know italls, lol.
Yeah probably. does seem strange they wouldn’t make them for all. Also kinda mess with the factory process wouldn’t it lol

What location are the drls on the hids up there ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah probably. does seem strange they wouldn’t make them for all. Also kinda mess with the factory process wouldn’t it lol

What location are the drls on the hids up there ?
I don't know really, figure the headlights must be on low beam then, I just did some research, but I don't know if it's accurate, it says that the marker lights are made brighter for drl's, but the headlights have to be on as well, so? I read another blurb that said you have to run a resistor in line with the hids when you cut power to them so they don't hyperflash. Would like to know for sure myself, ha ha. But all sites still say it is programmable in forscan or your dealer still. So, lets see what @FordTechOne says when he comes over to visit the boat anchor site. :favorites37:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know really, figure the headlights must be on low beam then, I just did some research, but I don't know if it's accurate, it says that the marker lights are made brighter for drl's, but the headlights have to be on as well, so? I read another blurb that said you have to run a resistor in line with the hids when you cut power to them so they don't hyperflash. Would like to know for sure myself, ha ha. But all sites still say it is programmable in forscan or your dealer still. So, lets see what @FordTechOne says when he comes over to visit the boat anchor site. :favorites37:
Per the Workshop Manual, trucks with HID headlights use the turn signals (parking lights) as the DRLs. I thought Canada required the headlights to be on, but apparently not? Amber lights are much more visible in low ambient light conditions anyway, I never understood how running the headlamps at low intensity was better than parking lights at full brightness.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Per the Workshop Manual, trucks with HID headlights use the turn signals (parking lights) as the DRLs. I thought Canada required the headlights to be on, but apparently not? Amber lights are much more visible in low ambient light conditions anyway, I never understood how running the headlamps at low intensity was better than parking lights at full brightness.
That is what I do exactly, during Highway travel and or almost any day on the road in hopes the the idiots see my fat hipped Jenny Beeach…I just turn to P parking running lights setting.