What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Had someone in Arkansas message me that they purchased my old raptor and plans on rebuilding it. I cannot imagine rebuilding that, its a parts truck if anything. Wow.

View attachment 323301

They just sent me a progress picture. Said they cut the roof off, new bed and fenders. All I can say is, Wow!

1634673663458.png

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just sent me a progress picture. Said they cut the roof off, new bed and fenders. All I can say is, Wow!

View attachment 325498
Don't know your age, but back in the '60's and '70's, there were certain vehicles that never got parted out when wrecked/totaled. They usually got rebuilt. Some that come to mind are Volkswagen bugs, any Porsche, Corvettes, and Ford pickups. I had a '70 Corvette LT1 Convertible that had a head-on with a pickup. Severe damage firewall forward. Diamond the frame. I followed its life after the insurance company bought it. It was rebuilt and back on the road.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't know your age, but back in the '60's and '70's, there were certain vehicles that never got parted out when wrecked/totaled. They usually got rebuilt. Some that come to mind are Volkswagen bugs, any Porsche, Corvettes, and Ford pickups. I had a '70 Corvette LT1 Convertible that had a head-on with a pickup. Severe damage firewall forward. Diamond the frame. I followed its life after the insurance company bought it. It was rebuilt and back on the road.
I am 56. I do remember the 70's but I was a kid. :)

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Morimoto headlights that I am very happy with. I wanted to do the side marker upgrade. I'm on the fence now you are having issues. Mabey , should I do Rigid A series lights instead? Has any one else had issues with the Morimoto LEDs
Update on the Morimoto side markers, all are being replaced under warranty. Stage3motorsports has been very responsive in resolving this. I was assured that this is not common with Morimoto products and they have sold a bunch of these marker sets with no issue. Hoping for better luck with this second set they are sending me, might even put a dab of clear silicone on the back where the wires go into the housing. If the second set craps out and develops moisture as fast as the first, I will ask for a refund, suck it up and buy a whole new factory set. Time will tell. Not happy that I have to do removal and install all over again but it’s not like it’s a tough job.

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the Morimoto side markers, all are being replaced under warranty. Stage3motorsports has been very responsive in resolving this. I was assured that this is not common with Morimoto products and they have sold a bunch of these marker sets with no issue. Hoping for better luck with this second set they are sending me, might even put a dab of clear silicone on the back where the wires go into the housing. If the second set craps out and develops moisture as fast as the first, I will ask for a refund, suck it up and buy a whole new factory set. Time will tell. Not happy that I have to do removal and install all over again but it’s not like it’s a tough job.

Glad you posted this. I bought some from Stage 3 and have the same issues. I just lived with it because they are much cheaper than OEM. Maybe I'll hit them up. Thanks!

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted this. I bought some from Stage 3 and have the same issues. I just lived with it because they are much cheaper than OEM. Maybe I'll hit them up. Thanks!
I absolutely would, especially because it lets them and Morimoto both know about the issue so it can be addressed. They are cheaper then factory, but still cost enough money that I expect they shouldn’t have moisture within a few weeks of installation. It will also show that its not a bad batch or one off, so they can improve them if anything. The name Morimoto, at least what I thought, meant quality aftermarket lighting, these have failed to meet that standard. At least I now know it’s not just mine, so thanks for the report about yours.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely would, especially because it lets them and Morimoto both know about the issue so it can be addressed. They are cheaper then factory, but still cost enough money that I expect they shouldn’t have moisture within a few weeks of installation. It will also show that its not a bad batch or one off, so they can improve them if anything. The name Morimoto, at least what I thought, meant quality aftermarket lighting, these have failed to meet that standard. At least I now know it’s not just mine, so thanks for the report about yours.

“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”
Thanks for the info on the Morimoto side marker light. I'm going to hard past on them at this point.