What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and how did you manage this?

Honestly no idea, I was just driving to work, ran fine, no signs of any issues, then pulled away from a stop sign and boom, big shudder, coasted into a gas station, started it up and sounded like rocks so killed it as fast as I could and towed it home. But apparently its fairly common to break valve springs so idk, hoping for the best when I pull the head.

20201023_134024.jpg

20201023_142636.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly no idea, I was just driving to work, ran fine, no signs of any issues, then pulled away from a stop sign and boom, big shudder, coasted into a gas station, started it up and sounded like rocks so killed it as fast as I could and towed it home. But apparently its fairly common to break valve springs so idk, hoping for the best when I pull the head.

View attachment 154542

View attachment 154543
hope its not a common problem. the way i beat on my truck the last thing i want is a dropped valve. i just had catastrophic failure on my quad motor rebuild. dropped a valve and toasted the head, piston, and all sorts of fun stuff. rebuilt it and blew it again..... can only imagine if i have to rebuild my truck engine. haha. dont let a car audio installer rebuild your enging i guess......

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope its not a common problem. the way i beat on my truck the last thing i want is a dropped valve. i just had catastrophic failure on my quad motor rebuild. dropped a valve and toasted the head, piston, and all sorts of fun stuff. rebuilt it and blew it again..... can only imagine if i have to rebuild my truck engine. haha. dont let a car audio installer rebuild your enging i guess......

I didnt think it was but when looking up possible cause of my issue I seemed to find quite a few broken valve spring threads. Granted im not easy on my truck and I just turned 115k miles on it yesterday.

Hoping to have it fixed this coming week just placed a order with rock auto, and now I'm looking at oil pump gears since I have to get in there anyway

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting the two extra air filters setup for winter.
I do this early so the oil weeps through out the entire filter and gets tacky, usually takes about a week.
Throwing it in right away only creates a problem if you have to drive in the rain right away,
this leads to the oil possible contaminating the mass air flow sensor.

IMG_20201028_121941122_MP.jpg

IMG_20140622_112935_095.jpg

Last edited: