What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="JefeAZ, post: 1494056, member: 16377"

Oh and after my last "Mexico" adventure I have developed a metal on metal rattle behind the rear seat up by the back window. Only happens over large bumps in the rear end. I can't seem to find it and may have to remove the rear seat. I first thought the bed was hitting the cab and maybe I broke a bed mount but it sounds like its inside. Sound familiar?

View attachment 145819 View attachment 145820 View attachment 145821 View attachment 145822[/QUOTE]

I had this problem, if you lower the rear seatback and peel the cover back you might find the window motor cable rattling around. It only takes a few minutes to check.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem, if you lower the rear seatback and peel the cover back you might find the window motor cable rattling around. It only takes a few minutes to check.
Not sure how to lower it. Watched some videos on releasing the latches. Mines a SuperCab so could be different than SCrew

Found this pic, assuming SCab looks the same behind the seat. Its either coming from the middle seat belt or the main latch to the right of that

105394040_2647907432087551_5657559767698046437_o.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to lower it. Watched some videos on releasing the latches. Mines a SuperCab so could be different than SCrew
supercabs kinda suck from the rear seat standpoint. you have to wedge your arm back there to pull a plastic tab while lifting the seat back and while pushing it in and holding the seat bottom at whatever angle gives you the best access to it. 3 hands would be nice. theres a tab on both sides. tricky part is releasing one side and then going to the other side. sometimes it falls back into place and you gotta do it again. sucks ass. and if you pull it all the way up and out so it doesnt fall back into place, puts pressure on the other side so its harder to get to. i expect some blood and cursing from you if you try this. you can also use an angled panel tool to push the tabs, but i have always had to get my hand back there to line it up anyways. metal has sharp edges so be careful

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to use the lift in work today to service my truck 77k .

Spark plugs
Oil &Filter
Transfer case
Front diff
Rear diff
Rotate tires
Gates -belt drive kit.

when it came to the plugs, had a buddy doing one side as I did the other, 6hrs total for job listed above thank god for the lift , this would of killed me working on the ground.

Some time during the week will be flushing power steering, flush coolant, and install SS brake lines and fluid flush.

Last edited:

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to use the lift in work today to service my truck 77k .

Spark plugs
Oil &Filter
Transfer case
Front diff
Rear diff
Rotate tires
Gates -belt drive kit.

when it came to the plugs, had a buddy doing one side as I did the other, 6hrs total job, thank god for the lift , this would of killed me working on the ground.

Some time during the week will be flushing power steering, flush coolant, and install SS brake lines and fluid flush.
6 hours! It took me 3 in my garage by myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 hours! It took me 3 in my garage by myself!

My buddy on driver side me on pass side, 2:15 pm start, 3:18 finish on plugs, could not have gone smoother. did all the other stuff before plugs, so silicon would dry before putting gear oil back in, just a heads up front diff cover comes out with the little room you have from the steering rack. I had to work fast, being my job doesn't allow personal vehicales in the shop, Big Wigs gave me permission to use the shop. The lift was the whole key.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy on driver side me on pass side, 2:15 pm start, 3:18 finish on plugs, could not have gone smoother. did all the other stuff before plugs, so silicon would dry before putting gear oil back in, just a heads up front diff cover comes out with the little room you have from the steering rack. I had to work fast, being my job doesn't allow personal vehicales in the shop, Big Wigs gave me permission to use the shop. The lift was the whole key.
I was going to say! The way the post read was 6 hours for the plugs!

Good work!