What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell me why it was “wrong”

then I’ll destroy any reason you come up with...

I’m waiting.

have some actual info to back up your statements, “I heard” “I read” “this guy says”

Post some video running those incorrect shocks hard in the dirt.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 shocks are one inch longer then the Gen 1, so my understanding is the shock valving it in the wrong position.
Plus they are tuned for less weight as well.
But I'm not the expert on shocks having never played around with upgrading them YET. LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I’m waiting.

have some actual info to back up your statements, “I heard” “I read” “this guy says”

Why, I wasn’t talking to you nor asked for your shit talk. I can already tell you are butt hurt on your wisdom so there is no reason to have a discussion with an know-it-all idiot, it will never go anywhere. Go play with the GEN2’s folks since it’s obvious you like their shafts.

Last edited by a moderator:

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new struts, eibach springs, and icon rear leafs, dumped the exhaust at the axle. Love the ride it’s not mushy anymore

594cf826e95d81692a14f00bed105774.jpg

cf4b70d95d4cb5cbac30bc989f737de0.jpg

a2e8c9659ce03a86ba6f87d2d2284cba.jpg

09af5b9fa01652143f61abac1a1a296a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any replacement of control arm bushings or ball joints?

I did shocks, struts, and rear leafs on mine, but I still have some clunking coming from the front.

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any replacement of control arm bushings or ball joints?

I did shocks, struts, and rear leafs on mine, but I still have some clunking coming from the front.

No we shook it down everything is still tight. Amazing after what it went through this past summer. St Helen run in October it had just rained for days and the washboards on the trails were insane I thought for sure something was gonna break.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m waiting.

You lose travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that’s wrong. Otherwise he wouldn’t have needed limit straps. Lol

You need limit straps because the gen 2 shocks are longer overall and without them, your cv's become your "limit" and will eventually destroy them.
You lose travel because the shock body is longer by ~1 inch or so...which means it can't stroke up as far (because you have to limit the downstoke) That 1 inch at the shock equates to 3+ inches at the tire.
So yeah, you lose travel and they are the wrong shock

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need limit straps because the gen 2 shocks are longer overall and without them, your cv's become your "limit" and will eventually destroy them.
You lose travel because the shock body is longer by ~1 inch or so...which means it can't stroke up as far (because you have to limit the downstoke) That 1 inch at the shock equates to 3+ inches at the tire.
So yeah, you lose travel and they are the wrong shock

I don’t disagree about the wrong shock. Unaware of the shock body length difference.