What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed a 20 inch light bar behind the lower grill mesh cover. Took the bumperette covers off to get the light bar mounted. Now I can't get the freaking things back on. Anyone know how to put them back on? e45d0b631ae1ca6e74f4de2543b0e5c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed a 20 inch light bar behind the lower grill mesh cover. Took the bumperette covers off to get the light bar mounted. Now I can't get the freaking things back on. Anyone know how to put them back on?

Those little plastic bastards. Both of mine were screwed up when I bought it, one I was able to secure with a small screw, the other fell off somewhere in the desert. There's I think two bolts (not easily accessible) that hold the waffle-looking half to the bumper, the covers snap on but often the plastic tabs just break and then not so much...

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 20 inch light bar behind the lower grill mesh cover. Took the bumperette covers off to get the light bar mounted. Now I can't get the freaking things back on. Anyone know how to put them back on? e45d0b631ae1ca6e74f4de2543b0e5c9.jpg

Sounds like a great excuse to get an aftermarket bumper to me [emoji2369] #DeathToFrameHorns

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those little plastic bastards. Both of mine were screwed up when I bought it, one I was able to secure with a small screw, the other fell off somewhere in the desert. There's I think two bolts (not easily accessible) that hold the waffle-looking half to the bumper, the covers snap on but often the plastic tabs just break and then not so much...
Yea I tried to pry the waffle off with no luck. I can feel one stud on the back said of the bumper but couldn't get it to budge and. I think I'll try to run a black screw in the bottom and some 3m tape in hopes it stays on.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peel that hideous sticker off the fenders.

@Marcus85 I know! I have never seen one on another Raptor to this day; maybe something to be said there ;)

I need to look into the forum threads on removal of it as it’s kinda old now. I don’t want to take it off and have a giant white spot, but I do hate it!

Anyone know anything about that sticker? It has to be aftermarket right?

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So you gotta take off the skid plate and the recovery hook (be glad those bolts aren't also holding up a winch mount!), once those are out of the way you can unbolt the bumperrette off and then put the cover back up and the place it back on. I highly recommend a ritchie ratchet for those because you have hardly any space to get the bumperrette bolts.

Or just say **** it and replace the whole bumper.