What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
So, I figured I needed to rotate my tires today, you know for even wear, etc...Why not take the Gas Sucking Beast with Jenny from the Block Hips to SVC? It’s only a 3000 mile run for me, and I can spend time with my newly acquired Raptor and really get intimately acquainted! HaHa.

After reading various posts about negative experiences with local dealerships in CA, fellow owners had, Why not make a quick run from Miami to SVC instead. I had heard and read good things about these guys at SVC, so I gave them a shot...when I got there they were up to their eyeballs with work and all kinds of builds at different stages. I was reluctant to even ask if they would even take a walk-in just for a tire rotation??? They where great and immediately agreed to do it for me since I drove so far and jumped on my truck as if I had just come into a pit stop and the crew had all four tires off and done before I even got a chance to mesmerize all the upgrades I dreamed to add onto the beast, she looked like young ****** surrounded by pack of killer Raptors 353638ED-9402-48CE-827F-D34EB1A239C2.jpegDF0325ED-D078-4EB8-A618-04005E3608B5.jpeg

D

Deleted member 12951

Well it looks like I have the dreaded cancer in the rear passenger corner cab. I pulled out the interior molding in that corner to see if I could on top of it as I am planning on getting inside of it and apply POR15. Well you cannot get to it.

e0c50eae88d4707266c3893fe73a4841.jpg

From below, there is a hole that has the factory duct tape but its too far away to get to the corner. Getting the drill, ugh!

Ended up drilling a 1/4” hole after starting with a smaller bit. Stuff just was pouring out of there and as first I thought it was rust.

091dcd9c42738c397974092b593a7eac.jpg

Yeah that is a dirt clog in the way, and there was lots of them. It was a crap load of dirt and even grass. I’ve seen people say this happens due to water leaks in 3rd brake light and water collects there. Well that definitely wasn’t the case here. I ended up spending over an hour knocking dirt out of the hole. And there is still more. So how does dirt and mud get in there to sit with no way to escape and just rot away the metal from the inside. This is all too common on these trucks.

Looking around, if the tape on all the hole are exposed, I imagine water, dirt and mud can get in there behind the rockers and this corner being at the end, well its all going to collect there. Then look up not too far from the corner is an opening that I think most of the crap gets it there. What a stupid design by Ford.

fefc4772f923cff9d16c6b30a7dbb660.jpg

This is how much dirt I managed to knock out of that small hole on my first attempt

393fc3f47c43a566dfde0a0875812b8c.jpg

Mine is a 14’ so if you have a GEN1, I would highly suggest taking a look at your corners. Oh and found out that Ford’s design for the sunroof drain tubes, to let it drain into the rocker cavity, really!

Last edited by a moderator:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 14’ so if you have a GEN1, I would highly suggest taking a look at your corners. Oh and found out that Ford’s design for the sunroof drain tubes, to let it drain into the rocker cavity, really!

This is why in hindsight I wish I had found out without a sunroof. Oh well.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They've been using that sunroof drain design since at least 04, maybe even back to 97. They have made NO attempt to fix this or a handful of other design problems that lead to premature rust on the cab corners and rockers.

D

Deleted member 12951

They've been using that sunroof drain design since at least 04, maybe even back to 97. They have made NO attempt to fix this or a handful of other design problems that lead to premature rust on the cab corners and rockers.

The back passenger tube, I pulled out of the rocker cavity and let it hang out the hole there. Not sure if it will stay put but sure some mounting could be made to keep it out.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The back passenger tube, I pulled out of the rocker cavity and let it hang out the hole there. Not sure if it will stay put but sure some mounting could be made to keep it out.

Know what I am doing this weekend. Well besides drilling out the broken Allen key in my perch set screw.