What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered drop shackles for the +3 deavers. Geiser springs on the front currently that have been on for a year. I didn’t want anymore rake, and hoping that when the Deavers settle I’ll be much closer to level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Well this day sucks. Son changing spark plugs on the raptor and broke the front spark plug on passenger side behind shock bucket. Porcelain and nut behind it broke off. This sucks and cannot even imagine what this bill is going to be. I would of been better off paying the dealership the $350 they wanted. Towing it to the dealership now.

UPDATE: Dealership contacted me and said they got the plug out and new one back in. They scoped the cylinder and everything looks good. Today is a GOOD day! Cost 1.5hrs of labor.

Just FYI: I am at 83k miles and have seen mud and off-roading in dirt, if that matters

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkG

Reaction score
Mark,
Do you have anything in the rear of your truck? I am about to get Eibach on an 18 but the lift might put me nose high. Is yours fairly leveled?
Only thing I have in the rear are the stock in bed loading ramps. Other than that it’s pretty level.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what retainer clips can be used for the spark plug wires? About to install some new Granatelli wires and need the clips for the wires.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what retainer clips can be used for the spark plug wires? About to install some new Granatelli wires and need the clips for the wires.

I did this as the clips come on the original wires and cannot be gotten separately. Aluminum tabs with nuts and zip ties.

IMG-7654-1.jpg

Sent from my PC using Hit-a-Key

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this as the clips come on the original wires and cannot be gotten separately. Aluminum tabs with nuts and zip ties.

IMG-7654-1.jpg

Sent from my PC using Hit-a-Key

I like this idea a lot! Looks good! Do you remember what gauge you used?

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealership contacted me and said they got the plug out and new one back in. They scoped the cylinder and everything looks good. Today is a GOOD day! Cost 1.5hrs of labor.

Just FYI: I am at 83k miles and have seen mud and off-roading in dirt, if that matters

Glad to hear it, Makes me rethink about changing them myself.

Question: Would it be easier to change those front plugs if the shock was removed? having some new shocks installed and might want to have them change those two plugs if it makes it easier.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was either 0.060" or 0.090". Don't remember exactly. Nut under the tab and one over to lock it.

I was reading through some other posts and see you went to deavers also. Do you know off hand what size wrenches were required. Just want to make sure I get everything together beforehand.