What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Get it ready......Planning an Baja Trip for the end of the year!

I am actually going to be in CA in March for a trip down Baja to Cabo again. Maybe if I get in early on March 16th we can catch up and grab a few beers?

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got’er done.

Leaf springs changed out. Good thing as we saw the eyelet was completely broken. Wow, who knows how long I have been off-roading like that.

2a5e0b01723538643e4e3039f1a05a36.jpg

4c2cd5d3b8f3c380d8a062ae29de9252.jpg

Wow, that’s crazy. What brand were the broken ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Wow, that’s crazy. What brand were the broken ones?

Same brand. But let me tell you, ICON customer service was absolutely amazing. I first contacted them because the first leaf spring broke that sits on the axle. Its the smallest one and just broke on the back side. See pic:

2f47a893e3b69cf067d0371116e9d62e.jpg

When I emailed them, I thought they would just send me one leaf and some center pins to take it apart and replace because it wasn’t that big of a deal. Or they would deny it since these are over 3yrs old. They replaced BOTH sides with brand new and paid to ship them freight to me. I was like, HOLY SHIIT! I didn’t complain or tell them what to do in the email. They just asked for my receipt of purchase and did this without question. I questioned them about replacing both because I couldn’t believe it and their response was if one side broke then lets make sure the other side is replaced too. I had no idea about the eyelet until I took it off. I beat the shit out of these with 3 trips to Baja and off-roading with TRR and GLRE (with 500# in the bed) so to have them warranty these was beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend ICON brands.

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same brand. But let me tell you, ICON customer service was absolutely amazing. I first contacted them because the first leaf spring broke that sits on the axle. Its the smallest one and just broke on the back side. See pic:

When I emailed them, I thought they would just send me one leaf and some center pins to take it apart and replace because it wasn’t that big of a deal. Or they would deny it since these are over 3yrs old. They replaced BOTH sides with brand new and paid to ship them freight to me. I was like, HOLY SHIIT! I didn’t complain or tell them what to do in the email. They just asked for my receipt of purchase and did this without question. I questioned them about replacing both because I couldn’t believe it and their response was if one side broke then lets make sure the other side is replaced too. I had no idea about the eyelet until I took it off. I beat the shit out of these with 3 trips to Baja and off-roading with TRR and GLRE (with 500# in the bed) so to have them warranty these was beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend ICON brands.

WOW! Its great to hear that there are still companies who know how to take care of their customers over making a little extra $ off of them. I don't have any ICON products, but hearing things like this could really sway me to do business with them if I ever change setups.

I've noticed ICON is a much better company at marketing/customer relations than the other big shock brands, In my experience. I went to a LUCAS off road race in Reno, NV a couple years back. In the Vendor area ICON, FOX, and KING all had their booths setup with all their latest products. First a buddy and I walked up to the KING booth, nobody to be found until we strolled over to check out the new race series shocks on display. their rep comes out and greets us but doesn't seem totally interested in talking to us about anything in particular. We both walk off and head over to ICON. Immediately we were greeted by a rep and quickly got caught up in general off road talk, everything from the races going on to their Gen 1 raptor kits. they told me about how they found moving the rear upper mount to the side of the shock helped with extra travel without suffering any durability. They were super friendly and knowledgable, and happy to answer any of the questions I had. Lastly, I headed over to the FOX booth, where I was hoping to buy some rebuild kits for my current 3.0s and check out the new FOX stuff on the market. No rep to be found, and even watched a guy come out from the back of the their truck, peek around to see if anybody was there, then walk back in the trailer. I was actually pretty disappointed with them. If I was looking for some information and planning on buying brand new shocks, FOX wouldn't have been my choice after that. ICON would've been the ones getting my money after that experience.

Maybe its just because FOX and KING are bigger names in the game and feel like they can cut corners a bit when it comes to promoting their products at small events?

D

Deleted member 12951

WOW! Its great to hear that there are still companies who know how to take care of their customers over making a little extra $ off of them. I don't have any ICON products, but hearing things like this could really sway me to do business with them if I ever change setups.

I've noticed ICON is a much better company at marketing/customer relations than the other big shock brands, In my experience. I went to a LUCAS off road race in Reno, NV a couple years back. In the Vendor area ICON, FOX, and KING all had their booths setup with all their latest products. First a buddy and I walked up to the KING booth, nobody to be found until we strolled over to check out the new race series shocks on display. their rep comes out and greets us but doesn't seem totally interested in talking to us about anything in particular. We both walk off and head over to ICON. Immediately we were greeted by a rep and quickly got caught up in general off road talk, everything from the races going on to their Gen 1 raptor kits. they told me about how they found moving the rear upper mount to the side of the shock helped with extra travel without suffering any durability. They were super friendly and knowledgable, and happy to answer any of the questions I had. Lastly, I headed over to the FOX booth, where I was hoping to buy some rebuild kits for my current 3.0s and check out the new FOX stuff on the market. No rep to be found, and even watched a guy come out from the back of the their truck, peek around to see if anybody was there, then walk back in the trailer. I was actually pretty disappointed with them. If I was looking for some information and planning on buying brand new shocks, FOX wouldn't have been my choice after that. ICON would've been the ones getting my money after that experience.

Maybe its just because FOX and KING are bigger names in the game and feel like they can cut corners a bit when it comes to promoting their products at small events?

I have dealt with Fox on warranty, not fun. Sounds like you might of been talking with Dylan? I have the RXT System and he is showing it on their YouTube channel. He is one of the main engineers at ICON and super nice guy. He usually is always at the TRR event in May and always supportive.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Installed VHF Race Radio
2. Installed Bulletproof Diesel third brake light antenna mount
3. Installed BajaDesigns Bumper Light
4. Installed BajaDesigns A-Pillar Kit with Squadron Pro Lights
5. Installed BajaDesigns S2 Pro Backup Lights

Photos below...

IMG-2126.jpg

IMG-2135.jpg

IMG-2134.jpg

IMG-2136.jpg

IMG-2128.jpg

IMG-2127.jpg

IMG-2132.jpg

IMG-2133.jpg

IMG-2123.jpg

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with Fox on warranty, not fun. Sounds like you might of been talking with Dylan? I have the RXT System and he is showing it on their YouTube channel. He is one of the main engineers at ICON and super nice guy. He usually is always at the TRR event in May and always supportive.

It’s been a long enough time ago that I honestly don’t really remember who I spoke to. I do think it’s pretty damn cool that they’re the ones pushing the boundaries and making new products that are a direct bolt on that help increase travel, performance, etc without doing any modifications to the bed. makes me wonder why the other companies aren’t moving in the same direction.

I’d love to make it out to a TRR and meet some of the vendors there in person and experience the TRR. I’ve heard great things about it. My truck actually came from a member here in Texas who used to attend them all the time. Maybe I’ll be able to swing the upcoming trip in May. Would be a great excuse to take off from work. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free