What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this will go over like a lead balloon to several of you. No apologies.

But, I got tired of the front tow eyes getting all chewed up by D-rings and tow hooks, so I changed out the black painted ones for chrome ones.

Yeah, I know putting chrome on an off-road truck may be a sin, but I believe the finish will hold up better in the rough. I'll see how it goes.

IMG_8536.1.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Getting ready for Raptoberfest. Got the RXT ICONs rebuilt by an authorized ICON shock service shop and they didn’t do a great job. Shocks were low on Nitrogen (one at 90 and other one at 140) and one of the reservoir was upside down. Called ICON and found they should be 250psi. ICON sent me new shock labels so I could make the reservoir look right. Bought this to measure PSI, works great BTW.

225cc5eee42fd5b065bc9a00c95a1890.png

Then found that no place around me could fill nitrogen to 250. Tire shop regulators typically only went to 80-100. Called a couple offroad shop, striking out. Found a bicycle shop that rebuilds shocks and he had a regulator but no schrader valve adapter but said he would go buy one. Awesome dude and I got the shocks filled.

Got the stock ones off

9336a9ae58119d7fd1beb7efcd8a72e1.jpg

And the ICONs back on

54969495d44e1ea41d39064778e66f59.jpg

Truxedo sent me a new cover and velcro under warranty and I got the cover taken apart and installed the new parts.

Worked under the hood and organized the wiring for the aftermarket lights, removed the battery and box so I could route wires better. I ended up removing a bunch of unneeded wiring, looks so much better

70eaf8cef8c7c191870f28be13e4ed3a.jpg

Gonna try and get it washed and waxed tomorrow as it looks like it might be a muddy Raptoberfest

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for Raptoberfest. Got the RXT ICONs rebuilt by an authorized ICON shock service shop and they didn’t do a great job. Shocks were low on Nitrogen (one at 90 and other one at 140) and one of the reservoir was upside down. Called ICON and found they should be 250psi. ICON sent me new shock labels so I could make the reservoir look right. Bought this to measure PSI, works great BTW.

225cc5eee42fd5b065bc9a00c95a1890.png

Then found that no place around me could fill nitrogen to 250. Tire shop regulators typically only went to 80-100. Called a couple offroad shop, striking out. Found a bicycle shop that rebuilds shocks and he had a regulator but no schrader valve adapter but said he would go buy one. Awesome dude and I got the shocks filled.

An FBO at an airport can fill nitrogen to 250. They routinely fill struts to 250-300 PSI.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for a spin with the Gen 2 wheel on to see how it feels. Great feeling steering wheel and looks kick ass. No electronics are hooked up. Hopefully this week i can get the paddles working. Steering wheel controls are a pain it turns out even though everything is the same buttons so we’ll have to see how that will turn out.

76c1cdb8861b86b3bc576594bf1d69ba.jpg

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed, H2O Guard, Buttery Wax, polished the hood graphic, Matte detailer and Rain-X outside windows and Brilliant Glaze on the inside. New wiper blades. Hopefully the mud next weekend will slide off....

9f4fb200f91029c73881b8eae826f199.jpg

Clean your camera lens and take another picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the set of Baja Design lights (Unlimited kit) I've had for 6 months. Well, just the lights, they're not wired up yet...