What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bathtime
9RhchcghX4foh6GQ3KmGBorv2tMl_grfKzzokHk8JaQYpZCj2fkN-E7-M1447b__QQYsq9tb_FaJ_U-l5G-qXdWGOORsnGKPHhdSSBXbQBBIa4eJHIg5OBs8Q1xZ-JR1-WM7iw6fKFfNLJCgFxpPzh0kFj52eGekbAt5RLy9lIEY6vose3_fPhxHVNLNwfON-F-ZidXqc05nnSBx2vp9XRkNI6ihgzHNZCfaEKLQIdAyTi4CCxqXhNpY8H77nAc1gDuaOIpWemPGBrGcZqttboVsgTxnmXJz2mVwQR-3XUMOI0VDZy4Nhjzc-jDodgstLb5xKYwcU5OPJWnBNx3A1Iz1cztrr7aqLvJ6JESXmPVnhGAcOJ1QM_3QPbqkQ1Vs13qUQ3ZW5vemPI4nL95PS-jEG9gFY59MJarASB0f_zn-_O_zRf5v8LovfWFqbpdRzc9UQv7tMmkiHUI8Wa10cI4u-nEpQ8Vm9VNkRYfeAFomJkfp38WfJMYof4-tfHqD60BdUJpscj-W5SNzt-n9EKGhwPysUPoJ0YolZ_uGSIk-vl0t6tLqyGo7OiDjKXU4Uv7GShQM-ilkyKI60nxo0FDZxo9oZYhaP4LKFNmj2IogEYPKJRlpq9vcDTzpPd4=w1481-h834-no-tmp.jpg

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main objective is to get the paddles to work. The steering wheel does bolt on directly and the clock spring plugs are exactly the same, both 16 pin connectors.

As you can see the only thing that is the same pin is the power to the wheel, which is why it lights up.

Today I researched and figured out most of the wiring for the same functions that are on our Gen 1 wheels. In the next days I will start switching the pins around and getting rid of the pins not needed for normal Gen 1 functions to work.

Overall I hope to complete the project in the next month. My promise to you guys is that i’ll get the paddles to function correctly as if they came stock.

Also this wheel has heat so I am going to try and put a secondary switch like BMWs have on the side of the steering column to have that function work.

As for the airbag it is a 2015+, the leads are different so I will change those out or put the 2015+ clock spring in. But mostly likely i’ll be changing the leads to minimize the wire research and pin switching.

I’ll shall keep you guys posted.

Just to confirm I'm understanding this correctly...

1. Gen 2 wheel hooks up identically to Gen 1 wheel.
2. Can you, or can't you use the Gen 1 airbag in the Gen 2 wheel?

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm I'm understanding this correctly...

1. Gen 2 wheel hooks up identically to Gen 1 wheel.
2. Can you, or can't you use the Gen 1 airbag in the Gen 2 wheel?

Gen 2 bolts right in.

Gen 1 airbag will not work. Wouldnt fit in the wheel because of the styling change

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, then the different airbag is what you're saying would require electrical modifications?

Need a 15+ airbag and the two plugs that go into the back of the airbag then the plugs are going to have to be spliced in. All driver airbag wires between the two trucks run the same pins in all connectors and run the same RR circuit.

Regardless this is a project, getting the paddles to work actually might be the easy part as it only needs to use three empty pins and tap into the tow/haul connector. The hard part is getting the steering wheel buttons to match up.