What color XL80s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the bulletproof diesel mount that pci sells.

As for the pillar XL80s, Just keep in mind when using the yellow rock guards on the A pillars that the rim of the guard will glow yellow too. ( kind of like fiberoptics) it is distracting to some.

I'd recommend maybe just buying some yellow lenses. It only takes a few minutes to swap lenses.

I'd avoid combo pattern of wide pattern unless you are pointing them wide. unless you have a matte or flat finish hood, you'll get some glare if you arent using spot pattern.
I got the driving combo

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/XL80-LED-Light.asp

I don’t see a full spot. Did I get the one you are talking about?

I bought the amber covers. I’ll give them a shot and if they if I don’t like them I’ll just get the yellow lenses to swap like you recommend. thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got your order(s) Mike, Thanks. They'll go out either today or tomorrow. I say today because Im going back to the shop to wash my truck, again (just did it last night and it's filthy again, i don't understand how that's possible i didn't go anywhere). But it's friggin 68 degrees here on Long Island soooo can't complain :)

thanks Adam!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BTW did you want the full spot or the driving/combo? We offer the spots as swap-outs upon request. Lemme know before we ship it Monday

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this really raw and un-cut video where I show the XL80s with spot patterns. I like them in Spot personally... they really throw light down range

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have the driving combo with amber lenses. I don’t really notice much hood glare at all.

I will say that the lights sit higher on the alternative off-road mounts than the rigid mounts I had before, which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They weren’t angled totally straight when I took this video. But you can see a little glare.

23d555356a8e47daeffa55a874a159df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk