What color XL80s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a set of XL80s with a-pillar mounts. Not sure if I should get the clear or amber. I need some lighting pros to help me decide.
Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
honestly, I’d go with clear. The amber is good for what? dust, rain, snow, but, if you light up the those XL in any of those conditions, regardless of which one, you’ll have a white out. I think if I were going to do ambers, I would have them on squadrons in the bumper.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have run a combination of lights over the years; clear, amber and blue and have found that amber is excellent in all conditions and my preferred choice. If you'r on the fence, you can always get clear lights and amber removal covers and go back and forth.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run a combination of lights over the years; clear, amber and blue and have found that amber is excellent in all conditions and my preferred choice. If you'r on the fence, you can always get clear lights and amber removal covers and go back and forth.

Great idea, this might be the way to go, that way I’m not locked in. Either way though, if I end up really only running the ambers, I can get some new lenses to replace the clear.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SCMike

We love the XL80's for the hood mounts. It's probably our favorite choice for that location/application. For most folks, having the clear lenses with a pair of snap on amber rock guards works best. Lots of benefit to bright white light, but having the amber snap on covers for heavy dust, rain, snow, fog, makes combating those type of scenarios ideal.

Let us know if we can get you hooked up with a set! We've also still running our free hood mounts (Alternative Offroad mounts) with purchase of a set of XL80's.

Link --->>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

wfH0aWA.jpg

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SCMike

We love the XL80's for the hood mounts. It's probably our favorite choice for that location/application. For most folks, having the clear lenses with a pair of snap on amber rock guards works best. Lots of benefit to bright white light, but having the amber snap on covers for heavy dust, rain, snow, fog, makes combating those type of scenarios ideal.

Let us know if we can get you hooked up with a set! We've also still running our free hood mounts (Alternative Offroad mounts) with purchase of a set of XL80's.

Link --->>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

thanks for the info and reply! I ended up ordering this exact set up from the guys over at 4x4LED on Friday night. I might need one of those 3rd brake light spacers with the integrated antenna mount. Not the one with the chase lights, but the one that utilizes the factory light. Do you carry those?

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info and reply! I ended up ordering this exact set up from the guys over at 4x4LED on Friday night. I might need one of those 3rd brake light spacers with the integrated antenna mount. Not the one with the chase lights, but the one that utilizes the factory light. Do you carry those?

I just got mine installed with they Alt. off-road mounts. Super happy with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

thats the bulletproof diesel mount that pci sells.

As for the pillar XL80s, Just keep in mind when using the yellow rock guards on the A pillars that the rim of the guard will glow yellow too. ( kind of like fiberoptics) it is distracting to some.

I'd recommend maybe just buying some yellow lenses. It only takes a few minutes to swap lenses.

I'd avoid combo pattern of wide pattern unless you are pointing them wide. unless you have a matte or flat finish hood, you'll get some glare if you arent using spot pattern.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got your order(s) Mike, Thanks. They'll go out either today or tomorrow. I say today because Im going back to the shop to wash my truck, again (just did it last night and it's filthy again, i don't understand how that's possible i didn't go anywhere). But it's friggin 68 degrees here on Long Island soooo can't complain :)

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, we carry them and we have plenty in stock.

Link ---> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM