what checks/inspections are done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so my truck arrives. someday. exactly what inspections is the dealership required to do before the keys are handed over and i drive away? is it something as simple as a quick walk-around visual inspection or something more complex? i guess ive become paranoid about anybody effing with my truck before i take it

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so my truck arrives. someday. exactly what inspections is the dealership required to do before the keys are handed over and i drive away? is it something as simple as a quick walk-around visual inspection or something more complex? i guess ive become paranoid about anybody effing with my truck before i take it

My guess is they do as little as possible...I would be surprised if a tech put it on a lift to check for leaks or anything odd...

I doubt they check the fluids either...

fordfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can tell you our guys check all interior features such as audio, heat, a/c seat belts etc. Test drive about a mile to make sure it drives as it should with no problems etc., check all fluids, set air pressures in tires and set tpms. The trucks come in transport mode which keeps the battery from going dead so that is disabled. Check all lights and aim headlights. Actually you should get a pre delivery check list from the dealer when you pick up truck.

You would be surprised at some of the shit we find

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I worked for Toyota we had a checklist of things to do. Check all fluids, lights, tire pressure, etc. There was 1 or 2 fuses we had to pop in depending on the model. A lot of Toyotas were shipped with 50psi or more. Some cars had a spring spacer/block that needed to be removed.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I can tell you our guys check all interior features such as audio, heat, a/c seat belts etc. Test drive about a mile to make sure it drives as it should with no problems etc., check all fluids, set air pressures in tires and set tpms. The trucks come in transport mode which keeps the battery from going dead so that is disabled. Check all lights and aim headlights. Actually you should get a pre delivery check list from the dealer when you pick up truck.

You would be surprised at some of the shit we find

Great info...

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
regardless of whether or not the fluids are "said " to have been checked, CHECK AGAIN!! Take it on good faith, they may not be where they should be.

Also you need to bring it by White Star Industries for your official "Raptor Readiness" inspection, ( 1200 S Payne unit A, Olathe KS 66061) the main aspect to that inspection is a mid-perch adjustment as well as a numerous modification options placed at your feet!

Modquad2013

Reaction score
I recently went to the rouse plant where my 2013 was being built, and you would be surprised at what quality control that takes place in each and every truck built there. I highly recommend taking the tour. I have no doubt that ford is building a quality truck.
And yes the raptor does go thru an off road test to check for proper operation...btw..I took delivery of mine today, what an awesome truck!!

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
regardless of whether or not the fluids are "said " to have been checked, CHECK AGAIN!! Take it on good faith, they may not be where they should be.

Also you need to bring it by White Star Industries for your official "Raptor Readiness" inspection, ( 1200 S Payne unit A, Olathe KS 66061) the main aspect to that inspection is a mid-perch adjustment as well as a numerous modification options placed at your feet!

im strongly considering you. yu guarantee yur work? ill need a mid perch and alignment. probably have ya put some mud guards on for me when i decide on em since youll be rootin around in there. rather have it done in t-town but at the same time id rather have a raptor owner/lover with experience do it right

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do guarantee my work, and will install most aftermarket parts as well.

I will perch mod only to mid setting on 2012+ truck, 2010-11 I will go top perch.

PM if you need references