What Brake Pads are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's. Ordered brake lines but still looking for pads. Any thought on PosiQuiet pads?

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
K6268-36 PowerStop Z36 TRUCK & TOW
front/rear rotors/pads

• Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula offers extreme braking performance for trucks/4x4s
    • Dust-free
    • Premium stainless steel shims provide better heat dissipation & virtually noise-free braking.
    • Drilled/Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling.
    • Rotors (except for hub assemblies) are zinc plated for maximum protection against rust.
    • Includes ceramic brake lubricant & premium stainless steel hardware kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find them to be rather week especially on pavement from 80 to approximately 25 exiting the freeway. I find the feel to be soft and not very confidence inspiring. On dirt it is still squishy but because of traction I don't get on the breaks that hard anyway.
I hope the brake lines will help with the squishy feel and as long as I am there maybe some pads too.

sobiloff

Reaction score
The OEM pedal feel is mushy and not confidence inspiring, but the brakes do have the power to lock the wheels up on pavement. The only weak point I've found in the OEM setup performance-wise is that I've managed to boil the brake fluid after a few high-speed runs along forest roads. (Some RBF600 will take care of that.)

Having said that, that PowerStop setup mentioned above is intriguing…

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never autocrossed mine but I have a had a ton of heat and fade running the fast but winding dirt road that’s often times used for the Baja 500 from Erendira to Santo Tomas. I came here to hopefully find some useful info not I use my Baja Hot Rod for towing and it never fades.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Hawk:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m glad you enjoy our pads. Now when it comes to truck brakes we have a couple different routes. The LTS will have a great initial bite they will stop and not as susceptible to brake fade compared to OEM. LTS is a great pad when compared to stock or over the counter pads. Depending on towing and rush hour traffic conditions these pads and tend to squeak if it is heavy stuff and go. Just the same as any other truck pads being put to work while providing better grab. Ultimately if you tow with this as much as daily drive it and don’t mind some potential dust and noise, The Super Duty is the Best bang for your buck and pair up well with our Talon Rotors. I drive them hard on my ¾ Ram and have yet to experience and brake fade of sketchy scenarios. The grab great and love heat. Even when some little car cuts you off, you will have peace of mind.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Duong
Technical Support
Customer Service Representative
Hawk Performance
Carlisle Brake & Friction
6180 Cochran Road
Solon, Ohio 44139
Phone: 440-528-3214
Fax: 440-625-2038
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.HawkPerformance.com

Business Hours
Mon-Fri 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern Time Zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K6268-36 PowerStop Z36 TRUCK & TOW
front/rear rotors/pads

• Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula offers extreme braking performance for trucks/4x4s
    • Dust-free
    • Premium stainless steel shims provide better heat dissipation & virtually noise-free braking.
    • Drilled/Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling.
    • Rotors (except for hub assemblies) are zinc plated for maximum protection against rust.
    • Includes ceramic brake lubricant & premium stainless steel hardware kit.

That's some nice junk with marketing **** dripping off of it. Extreme and maximum (twice!). No wonder you'd recommend it. At least it comes with lube LOL.

fordraptorfun

Reaction score
For those of you looking to stick w OEM, I found it hard to find PNs for a 2019 with the electronic e brake. Here’s what I used. PNs came from a local dealer:

KL3Z-2001-A Front Pads
JL3Z-2C026-D Rear Rotor Assembly
JL3Z-1125-B Front Rotor Assembly
KL3Z-2200-A Rear Pads