What Brake Pads are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do a small brake upgrade. Lines and Pads. What Pads are you running. I am looking for something with better performance.
Thoughts? I have seen some other posts, but not much detail on pads.

I have gone through the list of Carbotech pads on my STI and while I liked them a lot they were a track pad making obscene amounts of dust.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried Hawk HPS in other cars and was underwhelmed. I see in a post below that they are suppose to be pretty good in the F-150. Anyone have first hand experience with the Raptor?

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd set of EBC yellow pads with EBC slotted/dimpled rotors. Yellow pads stop great but do not last long and create a lot of brake dust. They do not have wear indicators and within 20K one side chewed my rotor. I was in a hurry so I ordered the same, next time I may try the EBC greenpads, I think they will be gentler on the rotors.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
next time I may try the EBC greenpads, I think they will be gentler on the rotors.

I have EBC green pads on my Viper and they have been very good. I got them mainly for the dust reduction, but my factory rotors are holding up extremely well!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an email out to Hawk wrt to making an HPS pad for Gen2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have G-lock on mine. They are nice and quit

How would you contrast them to stock pads? Initial bite, total torque available, etc?

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a hook up at autAutoZ (wifey) so I got their ceramic pads for a killer price and ivI' been happy with the performance, and not much dust.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How would you contrast them to stock pads? Initial bite, total torque available, etc?

Much more bite the stock, and they don’t seem to fade as much. And less dust

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much more bite the stock, and they don’t seem to fade as much. And less dust

Amusing hearing about brake fade on a 5600 lb truck. What are you using the brakes for that much and that often in a short amount of time, that you are experiencing brake fade? Auto cross? lol

Even while towing 5000lb+ trailers over long distances, I have never experienced brake fade with the stock brakes.