What bed cover is everybody running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No spray in bed liner. I installed a Bedrug Impact Liner. For shims I used composite door/window shims that can be purchased at any major hardware/lumber store. The shims need to be placed where you attach the clamps to the bed.
Were the shims necessary because of your Bedrug Impact Liner?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bedcovers are as plentiful as wheel choices. You have solid roll tops like Retrax or the hardflip covers or soft tonneau covers. Usage is a big factor in making the right choice. If you want protection for items in the bed, definitely a hardcover. However, if you offroad aggressively, hardcovers don't do too well (In my personal experience with a retrax on my Gen 1 and others I have seen including the hardflip covers). Soft covers basically just give you protection from the elements, but they do great offroading as there is plenty of flex in them.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the shims necessary because of your Bedrug Impact Liner?
No, that had bo affect on the tonneau. The Bedrug doesn’t even touch the sides of the top rail. The tonneau rails where just 1/16”-1/8” to wide and need to be closer together in order for it to “lock” properly.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problems with mine. I open the tailgate without raising the back access panel all the time. Works great.. no leaking thus far.
Opening and Closing?? Both work just fine or do you have to raise the DB and then close it? I go through customs coming back from baja and they want you to stay in the vehicle but I want to be able to open and close it myself or else they slam it themselves if you let them.