GEN 1 What Audio upgrades has everyone done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off, get rid of the junk FoMoCo speakers. It wont be the end all audio upgrade, but they have to go! While youre in there, do some sound deadening.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Focal door speakers, clean sweep, 2 JL amps, and a 10" JL sub. Incredible difference!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wazzup Brian! Hahah

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

U don't need no damn audio!! U need wheels tires and a whole lot of suspension :)

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting this monday alpine pxa-h800, alpine rux-c800, mosconi gladen 130.4, focal 165krx2, focal pc165f, focal bamxxxl sound deadening.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting this monday alpine pxa-h800, alpine rux-c800, mosconi gladen 130.4, focal 165krx2, focal pc165f, focal bamxxxl sound deadening.
get rid of the alpine and use the mosconi 6to8. using a 4 channel amp, you wont maximize the potential of your equipment. bi amling the front stage will make your system sound a lot better. you are halfway there with what you have, but need to make a few changes to get the rest. here is a breakdown of my system.

mosconi 6to8 processor
(2) mosconi as200.4 amplifiers
focal 165w-rc front speakers
focal ps165fx rear speakers
(2) audiomobile gts 10" subwoofers.
(4) rolls of bamxxxl and 2 boxes of black hole tiles

one amp powers my front stage and the other amp powers my rears and subs. since i have the as200.4, its a clas a/b amp and i have channels 3&4 bridged into a 1ohm load providing 950 watts to my subs. not bi amping the front stage with higher end equipment is really not spending money wisely. you will never reach the full potential of the amps or speakers. you got a good start, but need to make the descision to either finish it, or downgrade.

Last edited:

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uuuuggggghhhhhh--------Wwwwhhhhhaaaat You lost me after 4 channel amp. Actually what would the cost difference be from the 130.4 to the 200.4 At this time I was not going to do a sub woofer. I was planning to add that in later.