What are you looking for in a Gen 3? (With Survey)

What are the most important features for you to get a Gen 3?

• V8 (supercharged or N/A just as long as it's not a 6 banger!)

Votes: 125 60.7%
  • Scab body type

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • 801A type package

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Hybrid Engine option

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • Big screen display

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • 37" Tire option

Votes: 64 31.1%
  • A price under $80k

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Bigger gas tank

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • Factory installed light bars

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Factory installed winch

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Starbucks gift card with purchase

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I don't plan on getting a Gen 3 as I love my current raptor too much

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not arguing but I'm not going to stay quite, when someone says "out performs in every way".
My facts are that my boosted Gen 1 will out run the Gen 2, that's the one major reason for not buying a new one.

Your adjustment to make the Gens cost the same is ridiculous as well my friend.

What aftermarket upgrade are you talking about.

Both Gens have Fox Shox, the Gen 1 has 2.5 and the Gen 2 has the 3.0, this is not an upgrade?
Adding a extra 1" in travel is an improvement.

The Gen 1 has a 6 speed tranny the Gen 2 has a 10, either way you call it, improved or upgrade, it's an upgrade.

I will address this one at a time. You said " I'm not gonna stay here and be quiet when someone says outperforms in everyday when my boosted gen 1 will out run a Gen 2" so right there you are comparing a modded truck to a stock truck which is not Apple's to Apple's as you can understand. Stock for stock the Gen 2 our performs a Gen 1 in every way. It shouldn't even need to be said it's common knowledge.

To your second part about suspension and transmission, yyes from the factor the Gen 2 was improved over a Gen 1 just like ANY other vehicle , you are using the term upgraded as if the parts on the truck did not come from with the truck off the showroom floor and they were added as an " upgrade" . There is a big difference when using that as a base for your argument .

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will address one this at a time. You said " I'm not gonna stay here and be quiet when someone says outperforms in everyday when my boosted gen 1 will out run a Gen 2" so right there you are comparing a modded truck to a stock truck which is not Apple's to Apple's as you can understand. Stock for stock the Gen 2 our performs a Gen 1 in every way. It shouldn't even need to be said it's common knowledge.

To your second part about suspension and transmission, yyes from the factor the Gen 2 was improved over a Gen 1 just like ANY other vehicle , you are using the term upgraded as if the parts on the truck did not come from with the truck off the showroom floor and they were added as an " upgrade" . There is a big difference when using that as a base for your argument .

I think I'm going to log into the Mustang forum and tell them how unimpressed I am with the new 2020 GT500. I'll use all the same arguments as MTF and see how many people laugh at me.

• I'll tell them how I only paid $36,000 for my 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, therefore it's not worth it to me to pay $72,900 for the newer model.
  • I'll state that inflation doesn't matter, because I can't buy a GT500 for $36,000 today.
  • I'll explain that with a VMP TVS kit, I can make the same power as the GT500 for less than $10,000. After all, it's only fair to compare a bone stock 2020 GT500 with a modified 2004 Cobra, since I can outrun any new GT500 with my upgraded supercharger setup.
  • I'll make the argument that my car sounds better, since it has a 4.6 and not the 5.2 with the new firing order.
  • I'll say that "honestly and I'm sorry Gen 2 GT500 fans, the 5.2 sounds like,...well I'm not going to say it"
  • Then I'll get real technical, and tell them how if I installed the new 7 speed Dual Clutch transmission in my car, it would be faster than the new GT500. I'll also be sure to explain that a direct comparison isn't fair, because the new GT500 comes with "upgrades" that my car doesn't have.

Maybe that will add some context to how ridiculous MTF's responses are.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your a funny one, 40 HP is meaningless in such a heavy truck, now 80 ft-lbs. of torque, that you may feel.
But I didn't feel it when I test drove the Gen 2, I was actually quite disappointed.
But I was disappointed with the stock 6.2L too, that's why put on a Whipple.
I can see why Gen 2 owners are spending Thousands of dollars to upgrade, intercooler, turbos, down pipes, cat backs, air intake tubes, Tunes.

And you need to stop drinking your Kool-Aid, he's putting the 7K in the Gen 2 to make it better and ride like the Gen 1 used to.
The main complaint on the forum for the Gen 2 is the rear benign unstable and jittering around corners.
Ford stock springs SUCK, Gen 1 or Gen 2

I'm sure when the Gen 3 comes out, better progressive higher quality rears springs will be needed.

Hopefully, the Gen 4 will have 4 wheel independent suspension.
Like the old and new Hummer EV

And, your inflation theory only works for you, the value of my $50,000 hasn't changed much in 10 years.
So you can stop saying they cost the same.

And like the Hummer EV, the Gen 4 will probably be an EV or super Hybrid at that point.

#CRYSTALBALL

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here I thought this was a Gen 3 thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. This is a Gen 3 thread, not another beat to death, Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 thread. :beatdeadhorse5:

Fact is; if the Gen 3 has a V8 option, both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 will look like Cinderella's ugly stepsisters.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. This is a Gen 3 thread, not another beat to death, Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 thread. :beatdeadhorse5:

Fact is; if the Gen 3 has a V8 option, both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 will look like Cinderella's ugly stepsisters.

From a performance and tech standpoint yes. Now what about true looks, which hasn’t been discussed much? Remains to be seen. Didn’t mean to throw a wrench into your point of clarity however :)

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a performance and tech standpoint yes. Now what about true looks, which hasn’t been discussed much? Remains to be seen. Didn’t mean to throw a wrench into your point of clarity however :)

I could certainly be wrong, but I'm confident Ford won't disappoint with the looks of the Gen 3 either.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, that’s entirely my fault for derailing this thread.
FordTechOne is just a little too pompous for my liking so I like to drag him down the stupid silly rabbit hole I dig.
And drag anyone else that will follow. I believe it’s the third time I went back and forth in other threads with him.
He’s so pompous and arrogant; it is really easy drag him down that rabbit hole.
Does he really think people don’t understand that a new model needs to have better numbers and improvements?
Otherwise what would be the point of buying new?
Does he really thing people do not understand inflation? It’s not rocket science here.
I should stop egging him on…….nope; I have too much fun thinking about how he froths at the mouth, cracking his knuckles and ponding the key board to post some nicely written posts.

D

Deleted member 12951

And here I thought this was a Gen 3 thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is. But I replied that I would like to see the v8 option and 37” tires on the GEN3 because I felt the GEN2 was a **** and will wait for something better.

Then a guy here went berserk to defend the GEN2 with all his might. He is good though because he has changed me and now I am a true GEN2 convert. He threw so many facts at me that I really had no other choice but agree and I have found my way. I cannot thank him enough.

The GEN1 was actually the ****, the GEN2 is leaps and bounds better in every way and the GEN3 will yet again blow away the GEN2. Looking forward to what Ford brings us!