What are you all using to clean the leather and fabric textured plastic stuff inside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I read through this thread I thought "does anyone use soap and water"? It's hard to beat, especially price wise. I've tried the name brand cleaners and still come back to a bucket of hot water with a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap, and (when really dirty and need of deodorizing ie. dog mess) a splash of clear ammonia. This method has served my detailing work for decades. And, as far as UV protection goes, I'm not a total believer in all of that. My interiors have never had an issue, ever, with cracking. After 25 years in the sun even the best maintained dashboards will fade, protectant or not.
For the leather, I've always used Lexol cleaner and conditioner. It's been around for over 100 years and was recommended by Rolls Royce (back in the day when I detailed them) for their interiors so I imagine it would work alright on a Ford.
This method does a good job. No phony odors, just the smell of clean and leather.
Yep Lexol it is. I am sure there are nicer stuff out there but seems like we found a formula that works for a long time