What are the best fitting headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.2 with a whipple on it. I want to free up some HP and that beautiful sound.

I've run headers on my old 06 GTOs. I always used Kooks but I got them second hand off facebook and craigslist. They fit perfectly. You had to remove the steering shaft and feed it through the headers because of the design. Kooks doesn't make a stepped header for the raptors.

Its between Kooks and Stainless Works. Stainless works appears to be cheaper. On GTOs both fit and finish is spot on but I'm new to the raptor world. What fits the best? Also need to be running cats. I'm concerned about aftermarket cats getting blown out because of the supercharger.

I won't be doing these right now because I'll do them at the same time I do the 6.6L swap down the road. I'll be running a custom cat back - I want to keep it mild. So its borla catback or a custom setup using a Borla 400500 muffler. I have that muffler on my bronco with headers and its pretty quiet. I love the muffler.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score