What am I missing on my front end rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new:
- front struts
- eibach springs
- strut mounts
- strut bolts from forged offroad
- new axles and seals to replace my leaking original axles seals
- new driver upper control arm because ball joint is shot

Anything I’m missing? Just doing it all at once. Tie rods look to still be in good shape.

CessnaDriver

Reaction score
While everything is out, it might be a good time to get your lower spark plugs. It was pretty easy to get to with just a couple extensions and swivel adapters. Might put in new wires for the plugs too.
Might do your brakes too

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're replacing upper arms, just go with a billet uniball arm. Also, replace ball joints on the lower arm. If you really want to get everything, replace the bushings on the a arm pivots too.

Last thing would be the hubs.

OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing both upper control arms now using OEM replacements through my contact at a Ford service center. It just made too much sense to do them. Also doing front fluid change.

Lowerball joints are still good so I'm leaving them for now.

NatG

Reaction score
If you're planning on keeping the stock tie rods, you can always get a jam nut support sleeve for them - it will prevent the inner tie rod from bending and breaking, Foutz makes them for all Gen raptors: