What a Good Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxxoF

Reaction score
First of all thank you to everyone here for sharing their knowledge and experiences. It really helped me on my Raptor hunt and decision to take the plunge. Friday night we picked up a 2014 SCREW in Tux Black. 115k miles. No Rust except on the exhaust and tow hooks. Overall in great shape. Has some aftermarket wheels and tires that are ok but pretty much appears bone stock. It has a spray in liner and folding bed cover with some terrible led bed light strips I will remove.
I did spring for a 44k mile bumper to bumper warranty as well. I will try to nab some pictures or a walk around video over the next week and try to upload.

Plans are for a CAI and cat back once I have the funds. Will do some more driving this week to see if she has any issues. I think the shocks need a rebuild and I don't think the tires are balanced properly because there are some vibration points here and there at various speeds. We also had some shudder on deceleration once but I haven't replicated it and the wife was driving when we first experienced it. Also noticed it felt like it wanted to move away from a turn when hitting bumps on a curve once.

Any and all advice is welcome for this newbie.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on your gen 1, post pics or else!!! I second the idea of skipping the CAI, the factory air box sucks cold air from the drivers side fender well. It's already a CAI.

OP
OP
F

FoxxoF

Reaction score
It was 35k minus the warranty. 40k after taxes and warranty. Interesting about the CAI. Lots of people say a slight mpg and 3-5 torque and hp are gained in Dyno tests with those sealed box systems. If it isn't worthwhile, I'll skip it and just get a good box filter. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm trying to decide on exhaust. I'm looking at the Ford racing sport exhaust. True dual would be nice but I don't know how changing the headers and cats would effect the warranty, and I don't know if they would inspect it closely enough at the emissions testing to cause any issues here in Colorado.

I'll find a nice spot for pics and give it quick wash. The detailer at the dealership left wax on all the trim so it kinda looks a bit weathered, and it's been windy so it's already covered in dust.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest looking at Corsa Extreme for exhaust. That is what I decided on after researching and it sounds awesome. Looking forward to the pics.

Mark