What’s Your Maintenance Wash Routine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Any sort of proof on this vs a bath using regular house water from the tap outside?

Yes. I don’t have any water spots. Regular water is very hard. Lots of minerals and chlorine. I strip all that out from the city supply. With the system I am using it’s about like washing my truck with bottled water. I know the water is nice and pure because we don’t have spotting in the showers or sinks which uses the same water. I have on occasion let my truck drip dry in the garage overnight and then come out the next morning and run a detail spray over it. No spots anywhere. I sometimes wash it mid day with full sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I don’t have any water spots. Regular water is very hard. Lots of minerals and chlorine. I strip all that out from the city supply. With the system I am using it’s about like washing my truck with bottled water. I know the water is nice and pure because we don’t have spotting in the showers or sinks which uses the same water. I have on occasion let my truck drip dry in the garage overnight and then come out the next morning and run a detail spray over it. No spots anywhere. I sometimes wash it mid day with full sun.

Nice.

Never thought about it that deep.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Nice.

I used to run around in the corvette circles and frequented car shows. They are fanatical about detailing. I have moved on from the sports car and car show scene but I still apply the detailing steps for our daily drivers.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have c.quartz on mine as well.

foam cannon bath, using water from ionizer, then blow off with metro master blow dryer. I then just micro fiber the windows and call it a day. used to take me 90 minutes or so before the ionizer/cquartz/blower, now can do it in 20 and it looks far better. the ionizer is the shit.
I’m going to give the de ionizer a try soon. Sounds like a tool worth having for OCD car washing.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice.

Yeah, I washed three cars this weekend in Texas using ionized water: the raptor, a 718 Boxster S, and a Macan Turbo. Washed them in full sun, sprayed them off, then just used a squeegee (Griots Garage has a great one), to move the standing water off the cars/truck. The only thing I ended up touching up was the front windshield on the truck as it looked like it still had dust on it. Turns out it was on the inside from the last excursion ;-)

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash my 22 Gen 3 once every 2 weeks depending on the weather. Adams foam cannon, pressure wash wheels and fender wells, blow dry with air compressor. Interior cleaning with Adams interior detail spray and Adams window cleaner blow out with air compressor. Made a cleaning station in my garage make's cleaning all our cars quite easy. I use mostly Adams and Chemical Guys products.
image-20-02-23-20-23.jpeg

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash my 22 Gen 3 once every 2 weeks depending on the weather. Adams foam cannon, pressure wash wheels and fender wells, blow dry with air compressor. Interior cleaning with Adams interior detail spray and Adams window cleaner blow out with air compressor. Made a cleaning station in my garage make's cleaning all our cars quite easy. I use mostly Adams and Chemical Guys products.
View attachment 394673

Thats a pretty slick setup.