What’s your Best 0-60?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
to put it in perspective.....

My 2013 SHO with stage 1 tune was 5.1 in a 0-60 run (6 speed auto)
My 2015 Audi sq5 was 5.5 in a 0-60 run. (8 speed dsg)
My 2015 Mustang Gt was 5.2 in a 0-60 run (6 speed manual).....wheel spin issues

All of those cars i considered very quick off the line. I have not measured my truck, but it seems to be on par with the last 3 cars i have had.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also running 4.2-4.3 prior to changing my tires. MPT 93, in sport mode, 4AWD. Whipple intercooler, a typical CAI, a cat back, spd adapters, and some 542 plugs.

that being said...

with true 35 inch Toyo open country RTs and a 1.75 inch level with rear Deavers.

I’m around 4.6-4.8. The extra 10 pounds per tire and increased rolling resistance definitely rob power, but If I was worried about a half second to 60mph I’d be better served getting into another one of my vehicles.

To get any quicker is going to require a full tear down and some real turbos... and I’m just not sure that is worth it at this point with a confirmed supercharged V8 around the corner.
I was curious if anyone have done turbo upgrade and if it made a big difference

Regardless I think it’s pretty damn quick for a 7000lbs truck to run 4sec 0-60 ...

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also running 4.2-4.3 prior to changing my tires. MPT 93, in sport mode, 4AWD. Whipple intercooler, a typical CAI, a cat back, spd adapters, and some 542 plugs.

that being said...

with true 35 inch Toyo open country RTs and a 1.75 inch level with rear Deavers.

I’m around 4.6-4.8. The extra 10 pounds per tire and increased rolling resistance definitely rob power, but If I was worried about a half second to 60mph I’d be better served getting into another one of my vehicles.

To get any quicker is going to require a full tear down and some real turbos... and I’m just not sure that is worth it at this point with a confirmed supercharged V8 around the corner.

Is that actually a confirmed v8? Sources ?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone have done turbo upgrade and if it made a big difference

Regardless I think it’s pretty damn quick for a 7000lbs truck to run 4sec 0-60 ...

Someone posted on here a shop that does GTR’s did a Raptor and did bigger turbos to the tune of 600hp, I saw a video of them getting on it and it looked sweet. Apparently it didn’t last long and saw something about them blowing the motor up.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
multiple, including car and driver.

they are going to introduce the GT500 supercharged V8 as special editions for the last two model year runs of the platform before they change in 2022? North of 700 horsepower.

Quick google will give you all you need to know.

Is that actually a confirmed v8? Sources ?

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
multiple, including car and driver.

they are going to introduce the GT500 supercharged V8 as special editions for the last two model year runs of the platform before they change in 2022? North of 700 horsepower.

Quick google will give you all you need to know.
here we go...

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not making it up. Ford is in the difficult position of having to compete directly against an upcoming TRX Hellcat powered truck. And FCA makes a much nicer quality truck interior on top of it.

the model run is coming to a close. The market is becoming saturated with the twin turbo V6 and the tiny iterative changes across model years isn’t enough to make someone upgrade. I paid over sticker for my truck and sat on a waiting list for it. Now I pass by the dealer and see half a dozen sitting on the lot. I’m routinely getting mailers to come get a great deal on a 2019.

Now if you were Ford... how would you drum up business to extend the platform and close out the model? More horsepower. You can’t get much more out of this ecoboost from the factory and still meet reliability standards and emissions. The easy and popular way to make more power is to use an existing power plant that already has it... the mustang engine.
They’ll sell a ton of trucks at a premium before the line comes to an end. Simple economics.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26912015/ford-f-150-raptor-v-8-supercharged/

Reaction score
I’m not making it up. Ford is in the difficult position of having to compete directly against an upcoming TRX Hellcat powered truck. And FCA makes a much nicer quality truck interior on top of it.

the model run is coming to a close. The market is becoming saturated with the twin turbo V6 and the tiny iterative changes across model years isn’t enough to make someone upgrade. I paid over sticker for my truck and sat on a waiting list for it. Now I pass by the dealer and see half a dozen sitting on the lot. I’m routinely getting mailers to come get a great deal on a 2019.

Now if you were Ford... how would you drum up business to extend the platform and close out the model? More horsepower. You can’t get much more out of this ecoboost from the factory and still meet reliability standards and emissions. The easy and popular way to make more power is to use an existing power plant that already has it... the mustang engine.
They’ll sell a ton of trucks at a premium before the line comes to an end. Simple economics.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26912015/ford-f-150-raptor-v-8-supercharged/

simple economics to me seems to be economies of scale and Ford is all in on the 3.5L ecoboost platform. Look at the all new Ford GT
https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/

it is a supercar using the 3.5L and Ford has led the way in the “super truck” arena creating the Raptor. While they certainly should look at the competition- they were the innovator and creator of the category. Why create something with an even higher price tag if you’re trying to move inventory just like every other mfr as the model year comes to a close? The new GT is a testament to the power and reliability of the 3.5 and recreating the wheel at the end of a model run seems like crazy talk. Almost like moving back to the old car phones in a bag because they are bigger and ditching the iPhone...