What’s it Worth? - 2010 SCAB W/2250 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it could be a collector rig, but not until another decade or two goes by. With that mileage, you almost have to look at it like a time machine. To have a chance at collector status, you can't afford to drive it at all. You'd have to buy it and sit on it, and eventually, go through it and change out all the rubber parts to the factory correct stuff like it was on the showroom floor.

If you're looking for a driver, this isn't it. If you're gambling on future collector interest in Raptors, this IS it. The problem is that it's one or the other, not both.

RC Blk Bird

Reaction score
I sold my 2010 Gen1 w 6.2L with 160K miles on it for 30K, It was a loaded truck, a few aftermarket upgrades, and new shocks & brakes all the way around. It was regularly serviced at ford on all service intervals and in great condition. When comparing prices I noticed anything under 60K miles was around 35K - 38K, anything over that the prices took a big hit 28-32K. That was 2 years ago.

In Jan 2011 I paid 36K out the door for it with 2K miles on it at Groove ford in Denver. A guy traded it in and I happened to be there and threw them a low ball and they took it.

As for the Gen 1 with a 5.4 - I'd throw a low # like 20 or 22 n see what they say, worst it could be is no and negotiate from there. But like other posts I don't think I'd go over 25.

OP
OP
J

JaxSvt

Reaction score
All good points. That said, after extensive research and access to some dealer tools (vAuto) the lowest mileage 2010 I see has an asking price of $34.9 at a dealer with 15k miles, also a 5.4. No way would anyone sell this truck for less than $30k. Raptors hold their value just like a Wrangler/FJ Cruiser/TRD Pro, etc. to find a Raptor for less than $30k, it will have a lot of miles. It’s always nice to find a one owner super low mileage vehicle. I personally think $33k is the number. I’m seeing GEN 1’s listed in mid to upper 30’s with 44k miles, that’s nuts.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.4 would be something to think about,since most buy the Gen 1 for the 6.2 from what I've been reading on here....BUT...deal breaker for me is NO ROOF....does it at least come with a rain coat and umbrella? o_O

KCM

Reaction score
You might as well buy a 6.2. The 5.4 has many known problems. I bought a 2013 6.2 with 60k miles for just above 30k. If your gonna spend almost the same amount of money go with the little higher mile 6.2. Once you drive a 5.4 and 6.2 you will know which one you want.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck you speak of, sitting at a dealership for $34.9, does not correlate to what it’s worth. There is zero relationship to what you should pay for the 2500 mile SCAB and the dealership truck.

Hello, it’s at the dealership... not being purchased and driven.

I can offer several examples of vehicles sitting at dealerships with price tags. Some are outrageous and will be there until it is shipped away, and some will sell within the first 10 minutes.

25k max! The 5.4 is a dog.

Good luck!!

banzai

Reaction score
You make your money on a vehicle when you buy it. I think 25 is a sensible number regardless of if you buy it to drive or collect. Although these may achieve some level of collectability in the future, its always the high performance versions of a given model that are ultimately more desired and valued. This is true of every collector car out there. As others have said, you'd have to put it away and keep it maintained to ever see any substantial profit on investment. Even then, with the 5.4, it will bring less than most higher milage 6.2's. Putting miles on it, will only widen the gap.

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Super low miles there. My old 5.4 had over 130,000 with no real big issues before i traded it in. (got 15k trade in for it and it had rust on the rockers/doors/shocks were due for rebuilds/bald tires) Dealer took it and sold it for 19k within the first month they had it. With a SVC tune it really didnt feel much slower then the 6.2 I have now. I test drove the 19' model but decided on a used 6.2 for a variety of reasons. The 6.2 has a smoother feel when towing vs 5.4. If the was price was right the 5.4 wouldn't even bother me.