Wetness behind my back seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I was vacuuming under my back seat and noticed that the power inverter had condensation on it so much so when I wiped it my hand was wet. I went a little further and put my hand under the floor rug, didn't feel any wetness but up behind my seat I put my fingers in and felt complete dampness. Where in the world could water be getting in at?? I've gone through this with an 04 F150 that's a complete rust bucket now. Most of that was from a leaking 3rd brake light that needed resealing often. I read there are vents behind the cabs of Raptors that are known to leak. Could that be it? Is it from rain, the car wash? fate? bad luck? fml

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was vacuuming under my back seat and noticed that the power inverter had condensation on it so much so when I wiped it my hand was wet. I went a little further and put my hand under the floor rug, didn't feel any wetness but up behind my seat I put my fingers in and felt complete dampness. Where in the world could water be getting in at?? I've gone through this with an 04 F150 that's a complete rust bucket now. Most of that was from a leaking 3rd brake light that needed resealing often. I read there are vents behind the cabs of Raptors that are known to leak. Could that be it? Is it from rain, the car wash? fate? bad luck? fml
yes very likely. When I had my 2018 the vent up front where the air conditioner condenser line wasn't draining outside instead it was draining into the cab. They fixed that and dried it out. Still coming in. It got completely wet again but is was collecting and sloshing around in the passenger side rocker panel areas under the plastic sill covers when I stopped and took off you could here it. they found that the clip on the passenger side rear cab vent was broke and leaking in. I told them multiple times I am very allergic to mold and was very concerned of health issues. Luckily I didn't have to fight them on that because behind that carpet it was growing all kinds of crap. they fixed it and replaced my whole carpet.

if thats the problem. make sure you mention the health risks mold and milder stuck in the carpet and make sure they replace the carpet too. that is if its still under warranty. good luck

OP
OP
Toyzthatmove19
Reaction score
Thanks! I had to rip out the carpet & the headliner in my 04 f150 because of mold, I won't be going thru that again. Not for a truck that's only a few years old and under warranty. I have an appt this week to have the tailgate issue looked at, will add this to the growing list of things..