Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

GEN 2 Wet Spot on Drivers Side Mat After Heavy Rains???

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Tactical Sommelier, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM.

1. bruce7105

bruce7105 Member

I had the same thing on my 17 took to the dealer and it was a plugged drain line from the sunroof, they blew out the line and hasn't happened again.

2. JeremyG

JeremyG Member

Had the same issue after a big rain, as the last poster stated there is a grommet under the driver side floorboard that the car stereo guys used to run cables for my amp and did not silicon. That seemed to have fixed it. A test you can do for the drain tube is park your truck so that your driver side front corner of your sunroof is lower than all the other corners, open your sunroof and pour water down the inside channel of your sun roof while someone watches the driver side firewall foot space with the carpet pulled back for leaks. If you have all the water drain to the ground then you probably have a functioning drain tube.

3. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

condensation usually means quite a bit of water. i had my rear window shatter back in 2014 and had it replace by safelight. they did not seal the window properly but with no rain in norther california at the time i didnt notice it. 2 years later when i moved to colorado the rains set in and i had condensation inside my windows. i thought it was the humidity due to the heat of summer and the afternoon rain storms. finally one of my amplifiers took a crap so i went back therr to find a lot of water damage. it came in from the upper corner of the window. in the end, safelight paid the $7k bill for new carpet, new amplifier and new headliner. water on the floor usually wont give you much condensation unless theres a lot of it there. i would double check your interior

4. The Car Stereo Company

a lot of the cheaper labor shops will just push the gromet through and pass the wires through the opening. there have also been several instances when i have had trucks come in after a vhf radio install and have had to address the water/gromet issue. its not so much of get what you pay for because i know a few "highly recommended" shops that will do the same thing. its more about having the shop with the most experience and the staff that cares about cars and will not overlook these details. if you have any install questions related, dont hesitate to ask

5. Tactical Sommelier

Tactical Sommelier Member

I checked the gromet, its where it should be so it's not that.

6. The Car Stereo Company

the headliner is held on with magnets around the moonroof area. go inside and have someone spray the truck down with a hose and see if you can see water coming in. the two instances where i have seen it, the water was coming through at the point where the 2 glass panels meet. might be worth focusing on that point first