Wet carpet passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with wetness too, the ladies love the truck lol.

But your problem Sounds like heater core or backed up ac drain

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had a bad seal on the back of the cab vent. Between bed and cab. Theres a pressure vent with a small rubber seal.
It was torn from the factory. Water would just trickle inside. And fill the sill channels. Soaking the carpet.

My Backflip cover made situations worse as if truck was pointing down hill at all, water would run down the cover, right onto the seal. Check there, with a flashlight down between bed and cab.

CC6BD98E-6D95-4486-B362-7F4F3086B05D.jpeg

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had same issue in my 2019 Raptor with less than 2000 miles.
Dealer had to modify a/c condenser drain line to get it out of firewall not to drain back into insulation on inside, and carpet on .
Has been fine since modified.
As stated in this quote.
This is very likely exactly what is happening. Have had this exact thing happen to me before. Not in my Raptor but in other vehicles.
the way it was for me was that most of the water was draining to the outside but some was dribbling to the inside by running back on the underside of the drain tube that goes thru the firewall.
Good Luck

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely your A/C condensation drain is plugged or disconnected. This will also cause mold and mildew smell many have mentioned.

infernoz07

Reaction score
My 18 is in the shop now for same issue. I put paper towels at the front carpet edge pass. side to make it easy for the dealer to see the origin. 10months and it just started recently so hoping drain is clogged but tons of water drains when sitting. Will update.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the top (of the carpet) was dry, you vacuumed and the top of the carpet was then wet there is water under the carpet and the vacuum is drawing it up. It's water, correct? No smell or taste of coolant?

Since it's new probably good to take it to the dealer. Appears the drain is clogged, either at the tip under the truck with dirt or debris, of perhaps trash inside the box is clogging the top of the tube.

When you let the truck idle with the AC on high for ~5 minutes in the heat, does the condensation drain under the truck from the tube into a puddle?
I scheduled the appointment for the service. Looks like it’s clogged somewhere.

It use to drain under the truck. Not any more

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Locate the drain tube under the truck, make sure the end is free debris, perhaps run something up it to clear it or blow compressed air to clear it out. It's probably just a rubber hose.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locate the drain tube under the truck, make sure the end is free debris, perhaps run something up it to clear it or blow compressed air to clear it out. It's probably just a rubber hose.
I would blow it out from the top drain pan side. Might be able to get to it by taking out the cabin filter behind the glove box.

If you blow it out from the bottom under the truck you will force any crudd in the tube up onto the drain pan.

Aloha, HT

Dale