We're Ordering New Raptors...Need Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my raptor without 801a and LOVE IT! I just couldn't justify over 5k for mostly worthless crap, especially with all the complaints on the new MFT. The new ford radio for 2013 is amazing, I'm really glad they upgraded to the 4.2" screen. If I would have found a 2013 supercab with 800a anywhere close to TX I would have driven to go buy it.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We're new to this forum, and learning about how to not only connect with a niche market like the Raptor market, but build relationships with individuals. Ford is encouraging dealers to work more with social networks including facebook and forums. I've had a great time being here, getting to know some of you, many in separate emails off-site. I don't consider getting to know the members in this group as "trolling," but rather as an opportunity to satisfy the needs of the members in this group.

I'm sorry that you're offended by us communicating with the members in the forum. We'll stop doing that.

Speaking for myself...

I'm not "offended" you're here or communicating. I'm glad you are!

But, my message to you is this:

* Websites like this one aren't free to operate/maintain and weren't free to set up. A lot of time and sweat equity have been poured into making it what it is.

* Commercial enterprises (vendors) are welcome here - as you no doubt, can see.

* You're welcome here as everyone is. I don't know what FRF's (this site) policy is regarding vendor support/membership but I suggest you look into it as the small cost will very quickly and easily be offset by goodwill, name recognition you and your dealership gain and certainly by the very first sale you make through contacts gained on this site.

I don't speak for this site but I suggest you reach out to the those who do ("moderators").

Cheers! (And I'm/we're glad you're here).

RedDirtRaptor

Reaction score
I'll echo the 801A equipment group. I understand that some do not want it, or see it as a waste of money. From my viewpoint, if I'm going to drop this kind of cash on the ultimate 4x4, I might as well drop the cash to have it hard loaded. I didn't save down money for 2 years for the fun of it. I'm also a big fan of the Ingot Silver. I think it looks a little more dressed up than white, but is still very easy to get/keep clean, and does not show scratches as easily as other colors. Mine is a SCREW, but it also serves as my daily driver and kid hauler. Other features I ordered on mine are:

Hood graphics
TG Step
Moonrrof
Spray in liner

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the 801. Skip the side graphics, do the bedliner. skip the box extender. Do the Nav and the rest of the goodies inside. I would order the new color for one of them. Do one crew and one supercab. I would not do the tailgate step, but that is just me. Don't do the blue interior unless it is blue, black, or white. If it is black I would not do any graphics.

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a loaded 2012 blue screw for a year now.
I love the tailgate step.
I love the moonroof and power sliding rear window.
I love my bedrug.
I love my remote tailgate lock (aftermarket)
The nav is a POS, doesn't show half the remote roads that my $120 Garmin does. But the rear camera is great for parking or hooking up the boat trailer.
The front camera is a waste of time and money. It would be useful if it activated automatically below 5 mph, but it doesn't.
Blue accent looks great.

CactoesGel

Reaction score
Black or White Scab
801A
Moonroof
Front & Rear Camera

Found one like this, with the bed liner drop-in, extender & tailgate step (which will eventually rattle) but Blue, ugh!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our goal, is to create an annual Raptor Rally in Bosque County...Texas. Working on details with an Off-Road co. Obviously, we want to be able to share the news and information as we develop the concept, so...that's why we're here.

We are a family owned and operated Ford Dealership, with SVT sales and service, but we won't advertise here. I found out about the Vendor account...maybe we should look into that as well.

Great to know you, and keep in touch.

Duke

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Originally Posted by MotuMute
Welcome! We are all about the Raptor Rallies. There aren't many Raptor-friendly offroading locations in DFW, so if you sponsored a Run there it would be a big hit. Looks like you are less than 2 hrs away from both DFW and Austin.
We are in the works, and have an awesome location in mind. Hopefully, we can do something by the end of the year...if people don;t mind having a "Winter Rally" ??? What do you think?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Originally Posted by MotuMute
Welcome! We are all about the Raptor Rallies. There aren't many Raptor-friendly offroading locations in DFW, so if you sponsored a Run there it would be a big hit. Looks like you are less than 2 hrs away from both DFW and Austin.
Originally Posted by Fred
Afternoon...don't let your employees spend to much time here, else they might become addicted to FRF...

Really cool to have a dealer...go ahead and become a Vendor...since the questions will be coming...
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, we're in a prime location, between Austin and DFW. We are currently planning our First Annual Raptor Rally, and we'll need everyone's help to make it a success.

Look forward to getting to know you all more...

We're here to build relationships with Raptor Owners and create the opportunity to race, climb and rally for prizes, trophies and vehicle upgrades.

We'll see how this goes!

---------------------------------------------------------

Inquiring Raptors want to know... So how goes it?!! Getting bored with buying guns mags and ammo... good time for that Raptor Rally!

Last edited: