well this sucks ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm was driving out to lake mead to meet some friends today and going down the road minding my own ... the truck message center flashes the wrench and hill decent and tcs problem messages then goes in to limp mode and all ... so I pull over and it shuts off the motor once in park ...and now I've looked at everything I could think of ... and now it won't even start back up ... so I've called roadside assistance and am wating for a flatbed to pick me up ... this ******* blows .... I'm lucky I have a little bit of cell service or id be ****** big time ...ill keep you guys posted ...

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like there is a bad connection someplace. I think others have said they had this same problem and it turned out to be a bad connection in the wire harness. I think it was at the firewall. I'll let others chime in on this as well.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, God. Weird that you can be out in the middle of nowhere and still be posting to FRF! Aint technology a beautiful thing?

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah sorry guys phone service has been weird ...

anyway so after 2 plus hours of waiting for the flatbed i got picked up then 3 hours at the stealership...

"yeah its a transmission issue ... we dont know what but lets get you a rental"

... after getting to enterprise they want to basicly want me to have me pay for the rental so i tell them to **** off ...

and now today im talking to the service dept and they are saying that a wire harness is messed up and shorting out .. and its a backorder harness or try and repair it ...

******* great ...

either way i know i didnt damage it so they are going to pay for it and fix it ...

Banned
Reaction score
Damn ****** deal for sure. Hopefully it's not something they have to order in and make you wait even longer.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i got the truck back today and its running like a champ

they said that a connecter on the trans was jsut messed up and making the truck think it didnt have a trasmission lol

either way im glad it was something basicly simple and all ... either way i didnt pay for it so i really dont care

what they actually did with it i really dont know the tech was gone for the day already and the service adviser and servive manager dont know crap about cars or trucks so owell its fixed im happy that i have it back but the fact that it took them 5 days to get it fixed and plus a day to get not get ahold of me while i dont have my truck is what ****** me off ...

the service adviser is not the one i use normally and his response to not calling my home phone or emailing me when he could not get ahild of me on my cell is o i dont ever call home phones or email customers ... thats ******* ******** dude i wont use him again or ill take it to another service dept...

nowits time to go to that trail i was on my way to :D