GEN 2 We'll, that didn't last long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today went to shit, I have to vent for a minute. About an hour after selling the Raptor and getting lunch with my wife, the Touareg went into limp mode for a EGR valve stock closed while towing a 3500# trailer full of guns (ones I can’t have in Massachusetts) to Tucson. I had to limp it back 25 miles to the dealer at no more than 44 mph, fortunately we were still in Chandler and could keep it on surface streets. The dealer didn’t have any loaners, so I had to go get a pickup (base model Silverado with the 5.3) from U-haul to keep moving, $335 down the drain. The Touareg should be under warranty, we’ll see how it goes. Not confidence inspiring when I’m planning on driving it to Mass towing a similar size trailer in two weeks. The first thing I thought was “better here than in rural Tennessee”, my wife agreed. My second thought was “dammit, I just sold a truck that wasn’t broken”.

I was planning my trip around Raptor Assault on 10/12. I’m trying to decide if I care enough to spend the time. It also changes our route from I-40 to I-70 or I-80 and adds on a day’s drive. I’ll probably skip it.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today went to shit, I have to vent for a minute. About an hour after selling the Raptor and getting lunch with my wife, the Touareg went into limp mode for a EGR valve stock closed while towing a 3500# trailer full of guns (ones I can’t have in Massachusetts) to Tucson. I had to limp it back 25 miles to the dealer at no more than 44 mph, fortunately we were still in Chandler and could keep it on surface streets. The dealer didn’t have any loaners, so I had to go get a pickup (base model Silverado with the 5.3) from U-haul to keep moving, $335 down the drain. The Touareg should be under warranty, we’ll see how it goes. Not confidence inspiring when I’m planning on driving it to Mass towing a similar size trailer in two weeks. The first thing I thought was “better here than in rural Tennessee”, my wife agreed. My second thought was “dammit, I just sold a truck that wasn’t broken”.

I was planning my trip around Raptor Assault on 10/12. I’m trying to decide if I care enough to spend the time. It also changes our route from I-40 to I-70 or I-80 and adds on a day’s drive. I’ll probably skip it.

I-70 across Utah/Colorado is hands down the best scenery of any interstate in the nation.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I-70 across Utah/Colorado is hands down the best scenery of any interstate in the nation.
YES, we take this regularly to visit our grandkids in Littleton and family in Kansas. It's a bitch in winter though through the Eisenhower tunnel area just west of Denver.
Stop in Rifle, Colorado, cute little conservative town that is all out for Trump and has a great Grill that sells this T-shirt I bought:
IMG_0377.jpeg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

True.. but they always put interstates in the ugliest possible places. Colorado and Utah are not exceptions. I'd take highway 160 if I was driving from Flagstaff to Colorado and parts east. It's much prettier and it avoids Denver. That's a twofer in my book. I-40 and I-25 if I was going to drive the interstate. Both of those are boring routes through pretty states, too.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
@pastorwug the owner (Lauren Boebert) of that place (I assume you mean shooters grill) is running for Congress right now in Colorado...she is a total babe!

@GordoJay i agree Denver is the absolute worst but I-70 is a gorgeous stretch of highway from golden to grand junction.

Bigs125

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your bad day. You don't need anything going wrong when trying to move - moving is difficult enough. Hope it gets better and the rest of the move goes smoothly!