Well I’m an idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Body shop for sure, if you have the tailgate step its going to be a fiasco. If not it shouldnt be horrible. At least the paint is t bad. The aluminum is like a chocolate bar on that tail gate .

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what an idiot

unfortunately like @pat247 said, its a body shop fix. we have all done stupid mistakes before. welcome to the club. you arent the first, and definitely wont be the last

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s like a virtual dunce cap that invisibly finds itself to your head and you just do stupid shît. 2x in the past 2 months I’ve narrowly avoided a costly, stupid penalty.
First, I backed up the truck tail to tail with an oil worker’s truck. I got the sensors to red, stopped, got out and noticed that yeah, I was a foot from the bumper, but the guy had a bumper mounted vice that was now literally next to my license plate. Miraculously, did not create a problem for myself.
Then, I had the mysterious tailgate drop. I got some unusual alerts backing into the garage, but I don’t need the cameras for this... but when I did look I was seeing the bumper and ground. oops. Again, in a twist of fate not characteristic of my life, I didn’t impale the garage wall.

I vote body shop and nominate @Donovan for the FRF sensitivity award !

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
If it were me, I would at least take off the top trim piece to see the true damage. Normally accessed by removing the inside of the tailgate to access the screws/clips for the top trim. Dang "polls"..not good for tailgates or honest vote counting. lol

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
I bumped into a post at a gas station, knowing I wasn’t that close so it ticked me off and I released a little frustration on the gas pedal leaving only to realize when I got on the interstate that my friend had gotten something out of the bed and left the tailgate down. No damage, thankfully, except for his ears ringing from my explaining trucks and tailgates and having things in the bed and liking those things to stay in the bed. It happens. I agree, you definitely need a body shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free