Well…I just couldn’t do it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruckus08

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on jumping from a heavily modified Gen 1 into a Gen 2? I’m currently in the same boat, and debating on picking up a new to me Gen 2 once the prices come down a bit.
I loved my Gen1. If I didn’t use it as a family, road trip and tow rig, I wouldn’t have sold it. I missed my Gen1 big time when I went to the diesel (clearly). However, I enjoy driving my Gen2 much more, enjoy it offroad and towing more, and it’s so quiet that it’s so much better as a family and road trip rig. I also like that it’s got more power than my SC Gen1 and gets roughly 5mpg better based on miles traveled right now. Is it 30K better? Maybe in long run, maybe not. I got an amazing deal on this one though considering it has 30k+ in tasteful mods and the market is so crazy.
Not a great answer for you I know. This truck fit me and my families wants and needs perfectly is all I can say.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. Due to not wanting to wait 6 mos for a new super duty, I kept my 2018 and put on Deaver +3hds.
Made a big difference hauling.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved my Gen1. If I didn’t use it as a family, road trip and tow rig, I wouldn’t have sold it. I missed my Gen1 big time when I went to the diesel (clearly). However, I enjoy driving my Gen2 much more, enjoy it offroad and towing more, and it’s so quiet that it’s so much better as a family and road trip rig. I also like that it’s got more power than my SC Gen1 and gets roughly 5mpg better based on miles traveled right now. Is it 30K better? Maybe in long run, maybe not. I got an amazing deal on this one though considering it has 30k+ in tasteful mods and the market is so crazy.
Not a great answer for you I know. This truck fit me and my families wants and needs perfectly is all I can say.

Nah that was plenty helpful. I love my Gen 1, but it’s my do it all vehicle right now and has 112k on it. I feel like I’d be happy with a Gen 2 to fill that role as well (esp. with 80k less miles on it), since I want something quiet that eats up the miles. Luckily my brother in law owns a small dealership and gets wholesale pricing on a lot of used vehicles, so I’d hopefully save some money there too.

Glad you like the truck.