GEN 1 Weird Stalling Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajc86

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, but I need a little help from the Raptor community. Recently picked up a '12 Screw with ~140k miles on it, everything checked out (at least according the dealership where I got it), and I have put about 700 miles on it since I got it, including the drive back from Fort Worth to Leander (just N of Austin).

Today, after about 45 minutes of cruising around town, the truck stalled out after I accelerate to about 35 MPH. I was able to throw it into neutral and strong arm (no power steering) it out of the one lane road. Turned everything off, restarted it, fired right up, but gave out again at the next street corner. This happened one more time, but then I was able to get back home (~5 miles) without issue, even stopped for gas.

I have read a ton of different posts on this and other forums where people are suggesting a few different potential issues/fixes, anything from relocating fuses to replacing torque converter(!!!!!!), but I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be on the 6.2.

I have checked fuse 27, it looks fine, although according to the diagrams I looked up (I don't have a user's manual), this location is not used for anything?

Have not done any further real diagnostics yet, wanted to see if there is a consensus from others that had similar issues for what ultimately fixed the issue before I put my limited resources and know how into it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

AC

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuse 27 is under the hood on top of the radiator, it is for the fuel pump, if the fuse is still there, then the fuse relocation has not been performed. The kit is cheap and most dealers have them or you can order one online. If you are not competent to do the work your dealer should be able to do it for under $200. I would get that done first and check your battery connections and wiring for corrosion or rubbing.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and welcome to the place, introduce yourself and your Raptor in the new member section and include a pic of your raptor.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on Fuse 27, even if the fuse looks ok, previous owner could have melted one and just replaced it, worst case scenario wiring upstream/downstream could be burnt as a result (not common). Sometimes when they melt down the holder itself is burnt. Anyway once that's done you might swap out the FPDM, they about $37 and a fairly common failure...at the very least check the connectors to it, it lives on the frame crossmember above the spare tire and likes to collect crap. Good luck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, considering everyone suspects fuse 27 to be the culprit, I will start there.

Cheers,
AC
You need to rule that out by doing the relocation kit. Keep us posted, it could also be an intermittent problem with the fuel pump, etc, but this is a 90% plus fix for most owners. Even if it doesn't solve your problem now, it will prevent one in the future.