Weird shake/shudder while decelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am noticing strange behavior from the transmission as well. In normal mode and sport mode it does feel like a hard downshift. My wife even commented on it. I wasn't planning on doing a tune, but if a tranny tune will smooth this thing out, then I might as well. Still under 750 miles, so holding hope that it is "learning" and will smooth out over time.
I got 350 on mine and it shifts smooth in normal mode both up and down. Sport mode for me is very aggressive shifting almost shudder and banging. Dunno if it's still learning normally for 500 miles it does. I've been leaving it in normal mode to learn more and try later but everything for me is ok.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it make a difference if you are in 2H, 4H, 4A…? Is the differential locked? I noticed when I first got mine off the truck and took it for a quick lap it was in 4H. Another time when I switched from “Normal” to “Sport” it somehow also switched from 2H to 4H (thought that was a little weird).

Maybe try to isolate the vehicle settings (you can take a photo of the Raptor Info screen which will show all the settings) and if you are making changes via the steering wheel buttons or the “Drive Mode” dial?

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 350 on mine and it shifts smooth in normal mode both up and down. Sport mode for me is very aggressive shifting almost shudder and banging. Dunno if it's still learning normally for 500 miles it does. I've been leaving it in normal mode to learn more and try later but everything for me is ok.
Yeah, I think it happens more in sport mode. Let's hope things smooth out over time.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it happens more in sport mode. Let's hope things smooth out over time.
No worries be curious to see how everyone's pans out after 1000 miles or so. I'm giving mine a good look over tonight to make sure no issues arrise like everyone else has kinda had. Maybe I'll dive into my interior issues tonight before I start an unnecessary warranty ticket at work while I'm trying to find root causes for stuff :angry94:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries be curious to see how everyone's pans out after 1000 miles or so. I'm giving mine a good look over tonight to make sure no issues arrise like everyone else has kinda had. Maybe I'll dive into my interior issues tonight before I start an unnecessary warranty ticket at work while I'm trying to find root causes for stuff :angry94:
What interior issues are you seeing? I have given mine a good inspection and the only faults I have found were dash trim pieces not seated all the way in some areas. They popped right in.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What interior issues are you seeing? I have given mine a good inspection and the only faults I have found were dash trim pieces not seated all the way in some areas. They popped right in.
Got a thump/thud from RF seat when someone sits in it and I take off from a stop. It's so annoying. Sounds like seat frame or base is loose. And rolling down the road I got a metal clip rattle from the rear seat area just driving straight and steady down the road.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a thump/thud from RF seat when someone sits in it and I take off from a stop. It's so annoying. Sounds like seat frame or base is loose. And rolling down the road I got a metal clip rattle from the rear seat area just driving straight and steady down the road.
Ugh, those are annoying. Hope they are an easy fix.

OP
OP
maccabee

maccabee

Reaction score
I would try manually shifting the transmission when slowing down and see if the problem persist, if not, maybe there is a reflash or something for the transmission. If this doesn't change the issue, then it maybe another component such as a torque converter. Could also put it in neutral and let it coast as well, just to rule out driveline components. Document everything and have it written down when you take it in for service. Good luck, hope it is nothing.
That’s a great idea, thank you. Will try this and report back.

Wackem1

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me yesterday I noticed when braking! Only happened a few times. But definitely caught my attention