Weight Reduction potential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bubbarob

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of hundred pounds off of a vehicle that already weighs 5800lbs wont make a difference. What are you trying to accomplish? What are your goals?
The engineers at Ford seemed to think it would when they designed the Gen 2.
I owned a 2015 platinum prior to this Raptor (weighed 5450) and it was absolutely noticeable the difference in weight/performance/drive-ability, etc between the two

Goals are to have a lighter truck.

Realize I've waded into uncharted water apparently.
Will pursue things on my own and just go that route.

Thanks all

Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only uncharted water here is why do you want to accomplish this. Most here have a reason...race...baja...mpg...

Everybody is asking. Even a simple "because I want to" will suffice.

We want to know the goal so we can say what comes off best to drop weight.

OP
OP
bubbarob

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only uncharted water here is why do you want to accomplish this. Most here have a reason...race...baja...mpg...

Everybody is asking. Even a simple "because I want to" will suffice.

We want to know the goal so we can say what comes off best to drop weight.

Not sure how the reason has significance on strategies on reducing weight, but lets go with because I want to.
I want to keep it comfortable enough to be daily driven and sub 5500lbs

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Theres a lot of very helpful and experienced people here and i myself am learning a ton. (This is my first raptor but not my first rodeo with mods). I believe you really answered your own question with this info below. Other than permanent mods i cant think of anything more than what’s already been mentioned ie: dove tail, front and rear bumpers etc.

Remove Spare/jack - 100lbs
Remove tailgate - ~100lbs
Forged wheels - ~40lbs
Brake kit - 30lbs
Lightweight Battery - 30 lbs
Fiberglass hood 40lbs?
Fiberglass front fenders - 25lbs?
Fiberglass besides - 30lbs?
Reclining sport seats (driver & Passanger) - 100lbs?
Aluminum Radiator - 10-20lbs?
Exhaust - 50lbs
CAI - 5-10lbs

Edit—Oh maybe a set of deavers leafs.. idk what the weight difference is though.
Good luck with this and report back if you succeed with before and after info. Im sure itd help others. :)

KRGKen

Reaction score
Well the 2015 Platinum and Gen 1 Raptor are 2 different animals youre comparing. The Raptor is heavier because it is built for a purpose and in doing that to make it stronger parts are heavier. That being said if you are so concerned with weight reduction why did you do 37's? You could have kept weight off and been fully capable offroad with the 35's the truck comes with.

OP
OP
bubbarob

bubbarob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the 2015 Platinum and Gen 1 Raptor are 2 different animals youre comparing. The Raptor is heavier because it is built for a purpose and in doing that to make it stronger parts are heavier. That being said if you are so concerned with weight reduction why did you do 37's? You could have kept weight off and been fully capable offroad with the 35's the truck comes with.
That's kind of what I am saying. They are two different animals, and you can clearly tell driving them. Would like to lose weight on the Raptor.
Somewhat of a long story on the 37's, but they were going to be lighter than 35's (C load rating v E load rating) but ended up ~3lbs heavier per tire for 37's.
I justified it with the Titan 7 weight savings still net improvement per corner.