Weight Bias Front/Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
John - well I was looking into the option you mentioned - i didn't know about those rolling jacks. Looks to be quite expensive. Our trucks are so damn wide, for Bendpack I'd have to go with a 14K unit. With shipping probably over $6k. Then two rolling jacks at another $3K. So looking at $9-10K probably when all said and done.

Lou - thanks for that - really helps a lot!

Thanks Dil

Meats - ceiling is right at 9'. It's very tough finding a lift less than 9' tall, AND one wide enough to drive our trucks through. Most lifts have a drive-thru width less than 90", which for our trucks is a no-go, taking into account 0 offset wheels, +2 fenders, and Long travel suspension

TX - Actually the Quickjacks work good. I had one of their 5K units for my challenger. Worked like a champ. With our trucks being so high, I don't think it's gonna get them too high in the air though, even with the SUV adapters. I may still have to resort to them if I can't find a better solution

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
John - well I was looking into the option you mentioned - i didn't know about those rolling jacks. Looks to be quite expensive. Our trucks are so damn wide, for Bendpack I'd have to go with a 14K unit. With shipping probably over $6k. Then two rolling jacks at another $3K. So looking at $9-10K probably when all said and done.

No worries, sounds like a 4-post lift is not for you. Here are the rolling jack stands I have, about $1000 each. I looked at all the available lifts when i purchased mine and went with the Backyard Buddy (now renamed) as it appears fail-proof with the lift collars going around the posts rather than the post being split and something riding in it. It also does not require being bolted down and can be wheeled around in the garage with a car on it. I think my lifts were perhaps $5300 each ~15-20 years ago with ramps, drip trays etc. and the manual jack stands were ~$1000 each. Probably the best automotive investment I've ever made. Good luck...

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-RJ-45-Rolling-Jack

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
well after extensive searching for several days, I'm really not happy with most of the options. One thing I found is really tough for our trucks is the "drive though width". most lifts are in the 70's to low 80's inch range. From outside of tire to outside of tire, our trucks are right at 87". If I go to a mid/long travel front end, I'm looking at 90". About the only lifts that are that wide are like I mentioned above, the really large heavy duty and expensive units.

After all is said and done, I think I'm gonna go back to what I used before - the Quickjacks. The 7000EXT unit should work just fine with the SUV/Truck adapters, and I can hang them on the wall out of the way when not in use. Less than $2K is a bonus.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
This was my 2017 Supercrew 802a with everything but beadlocks. Full of fuel with me in it 6’3 300.

View attachment 133587

Just curious, does your have the moonroof?

Edit: sorry just saw "everything but beadlocks." Doh.. Thanks for posting though...glad to see weight distribution is 55/45 and truck is under 6k wet.

Last edited:

melanmack

Reaction score
I also was struggling with this problem. I have a BMW M3 E92, and I wanted to have bigger wheels on the car. I heard that bigger wheels on the car could cause some problems with the car's suspension, so I needed to know for sure the maximum size of the wheel I can put on my car. Luckily I found the information I needed on cararac.com, but I wasn't satisfied with what I found. I wanted to have bigger wheels, so I risked, and I already drive with them for seven months, and everything is ok with my suspension, and I hope nothing will happen in the future.

Last edited: