Weight Bias Front/Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Home garage lift options are are not limited at all. Backyard Buddy lifts (now Steel Valley) are among the very best and are free standing not required to be bolted down. You can also get optional wheel kits to roll them around. I've had 2 in my garage for 20 years, never an issue. Whatever you do don't cheap out and purchase some POS lift, buy the best and you will never be sorry. They make service and cleaning/detailing so much easier by putting the area you are working on at an easy-to-reach height. Also available are rolling jack platforms that go between the ramps so you can lift 2 or all 4 wheels off the ramps when needed.

9XZBJ3.jpg[/URL]

ttIJ4Y.jpg

V0j5hd.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
John - I should have specified - I want a lift that lifts from the frame so I can do suspension work. Not looking for the type that the car/truck rests on its tires

with some more searching I may how found something. Triumph C7000

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With a 4 post lift and the rolling Jack platforms you can position the jacks under the frame in order to get the vehicle up in the air, 1 or all 4 wheels off the vehicle for suspension access. Good luck...

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weighed my truck with California Certified scales.

Truck - no driver/passenger
Full 36 gals fuel
SDHQ Chase rack installed - 2 full size spares included
Pro Eagle off road jack
10 lb CO2 tank
Approx 70 lbs misc gear/tools in back seat

LF - 1650 lbs
RF - 1650 lbs
RR - 1500 lbs
LR - 1500 lbs

Front - 3300
Rear - 3000

Total - -6300 lbs less any people

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MaxJax M-6 but unfortunately I have not had my truck up on the lift yet...so I cant comment whether it will work on not. I got it mainly for my other cars. I have driven through a truck scale recently though and my truck was at 6,200 lbs with me in it. Dont know about the different axle weights. I would definitely put my truck on that lift for small things like rotating tires or oil...but not for major long repairs having it up in the air for long periods. Id also probably remove as much as I could from the weight (low gas tank, bed cover, everything out of the interior, etc.) before I put it on there.

I do like the lift overall. When I have my M3 on it maxed out to almost the ceiling I can get in comfortably on a rolling stool and access everything. I recommend getting a wall mount garage door opener so you can lift all the way up to the ceiling.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weighed my truck with California Certified scales.

Truck - no driver/passenger
Full 36 gals fuel
SDHQ Chase rack installed - 2 full size spares included
Pro Eagle off road jack
10 lb CO2 tank
Approx 70 lbs misc gear/tools in back seat

LF - 1650 lbs
RF - 1650 lbs
RR - 1500 lbs
LR - 1500 lbs

Front - 3300
Rear - 3000

Total - -6300 lbs less any people

Thanks!
I looked everywhere online and couldn't find front to back distribution. I'm surprised the driver's side isn't a bit heavier with full fuel?
52% Front and 48% rear makes sense given body style, light engine, short bed, Al body. And doesn't feel super light in the back either.
I'm probably 6100 + lbs wet without me and bigger toolkit/recovery gear. So your 6300 with extra spare and heavier jack/CO2/extra tools makes sense.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the ceiling height you are working with?

I would think for lite mechanical a drive over type lift may work

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other than the Maxjax, the only other one I’ve seen that would work is the 7K model Quickjack, but I would prefer a more traditional 2 post lift

What are the reasons you do not like the QuickJack 7K model?

I am considering one for myself as I need to be able to lift my Raptor and my GT350, so it seemed like a good way to buy one lift for both vehicles.

Has anyone else tried the QuickJack on a Raptor? The specs look like they will work.