Weight Bias Front/Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out either the weight bias or the actual curb weights for the front and rear axles.

I know the overall weight for a SCREW is about 5700lbs, but I need to find out the weight on each axle, as I'm shopping for a car lift for my garage. Im liking the Maxjax, which has a 6K rating, but there is a 3K max per axle, so I'm not sure if it would work.

Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You leave yourself with no safety factor.
The front is way heavier than an empty bed, spare tire.
I'd give it 60/40 to 65/35 split.

JPW Colorado

Reaction score
Even if axle weight distribution is 3000 lbs each front and rear, you are cutting the max capacity of 6000 lbs pretty close. Make sure that Fords definition of curb weight includes all fluids and factor in any other cargo or modifications that might add weight. Consider going to a truck stop and having your Raptor weighed. It would make a terrible noise falling from 5 feet on to your garage floor not to mention safety issues.

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
I figured they were probably a little conservative on their rating, but understand what you're saying. Trying to find a lift to fit inside a 9' ceiling garage thats also portable so I can move it out of the way when i need to

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
It might be the gross weight rating per axle - I did find those figures online, but not what I need

OP
OP
John Rathjen

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Totally get what ur saying - not trying to be cheap at all. It’s very difficult trying to find a lift that will fit in a residential garage. Options are very limited

jabron if u know of a “proper” lift that will fit in my garage and that I can move when not in use please let me know. Other than the Maxjax, the only other one I’ve seen that would work is the 7K model Quickjack, but I would prefer a more traditional 2 post lift

Last edited: